Don't try to be first in line for new CPPT

Started by dwb, February 18, 2015, 02:29:17 AM

dwb

Public Service Announcement

CAP released the new cadet protection courses today. Don't rush in to LMS to be the first in your neighborhood to complete it, though. If you didn't do Level 1 through LMS, then LMS thinks you didn't do Level 1 at all and won't let you take the cadet protection courses.

NHQ has been notified, so don't run off and email them. Hopefully it'll be straightened out soon.

Camas

Yup - took the Level I back in 2000 so I guess it doesn't count

MSG Mac

Just checked on line, they must have completely removed the "New" CPPT, not there.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: MSG Mac on February 18, 2015, 05:07:53 AM
Just checked on line, they must have completely removed the "New" CPPT, not there.
It's there, in the professional development category of LMS.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

stixco1

Quote from: Eclipse on February 18, 2015, 02:14:28 PM
I don't see anything new.

I just took Level one last year. It allowed me to take it online. It still shows on e-services for me. The only difference I can see is it now allows for pre-existing relationships outside of CAP. Also dropped the co-ed requirements for overnight events with co-ed cadets. Although it still suggests it.

Eclipse

So is this supposed to be the new Level 1 version, or the updated multi-tier version everyone will have to retake?

"That Others May Zoom"

stixco1

Quote from: Eclipse on February 18, 2015, 03:42:31 PM
So is this supposed to be the new Level 1 version, or the updated multi-tier version everyone will have to retake?

Everyone is suppose to take the "Basic" version. Commanders,deputy commanders and up have to also take the "advanced" course. It wont let you take the advanced course until you have completed the online and in-residence version of the basic course. I believe it has to be done by 30 June 15.

SKI304

It looks like the course is now running.  I just completed the Basic course over lunch, pending summary conversation.

On the topic of the Cadet Wingman Course, does anyone know if there is a separate place for us to enter this completion in eServices, or do we just hold the course in person and then input that date for Intro to Safety and Achievement 1 Character Development?  I don't want to burden NHQ with a helpdesk ticket if I'm just simply being blind and not seeing it.
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron

MacGruff

I was working with two new Senior Members at last night's meeting, going over Level 1 stuff with them, when I noticed that the CPPT module was updated. The new reading material is 16 pages in length. All kinds of new and fancy graphics.  8)   I have it in my "to do" list to read over it all myself and see if the Mentoring I do, and the case studies I use, still apply.

By the way, I also had a cadet take it as they just turned 18 and the process for giving them credit for it in e-services is a bit different than it was, so pay attention when you go to do it as a PDO.

Grumpy

Do I have this correct?

If you're not in a command position you must take the "New & Improved" Basic CPPT module that was updated yesterday and it will count as your refresher (48 month) training.

If you're in a command position (Sqdrn/CC) you can take the Advanced Course and forget about taking the Basic refresher training because the Advanced Course will cover both.

Next question:  If you are a new member and completed the Aug 2014 version of CPPT two weeks ago, you still have the take the Basic CPPT that became effective yesterday?

I'm so-o-o-o confused.   ???

dwb

Everybody has to take the basic course by July 1, 2015. The commanders/high-level CP folks also have to take the advanced course (so, two courses total).

Yes, even if you just completed old CPPT three days ago, you still need to do the new one.

Also, senior members can do them as a group during a weekly meeting and submit a CAPF 11 for everybody.

capmaj

Eclipse

Quote from: capmaj on February 18, 2015, 09:38:52 PM
For those that can't seem to find the link..............   http://www.capmembers.com/cadetprotect

"All adult members must complete the Cadet Protection Basic Course by 1 July 2015."

Awesome - one more cat for summer activities to herd.   4 months is plenty of time, yet
people will still be doing this on their phones at registration.

With that said, this is going to force conversations with once-a-years.

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Quote from: dwb on February 18, 2015, 09:33:33 PM
Everybody has to take the basic course by July 1, 2015. The commanders/high-level CP folks also have to take the advanced course (so, two courses total).

Yes, even if you just completed old CPPT three days ago, you still need to do the new one.

Also, senior members can do them as a group during a weekly meeting and submit a CAPF 11 for everybody.

OK, thanks.  Looks like we have a weekend training date coming up.  Perhaps we can get the other squadrons in our group and do it all at once.  Ah yes I can smell the coffee and doughnuts now

Eclipse

Basic done.

LMS says "20 time limit"  Quiz itself says no time limit.

Nothing earth shattering in either the curriculum or the test itself.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ned

Ooooh!  I got 100% first time out of the box. [/brag]

Now I have to find someone to sign off my summary conversation.  This could get interesting.

Storm Chaser

+1.  I completed the basic course test and just need the summary conversation before I can take the advanced course, which became "required" on 1 February 2015.

Майор Хаткевич

Same here...just need to talk to...my boss. :)