Girl Scout Gold Award and Promotion

Started by jstobbsvergara13, February 28, 2013, 03:18:59 AM

jstobbsvergara13

I have heard from some people in COWG that if you complete your girl scout gold award you are able to promote immediately or at least sooner than the normal 8 weeks if you have all of the testing done.  Does any one know if this is true or if it may be just something that the one squadron does? 
For all those of you who are wondering what the heck a girl scout gold award is, first of all >:( second of all, its similar to the eagle scout award but it entails more community service and needs to be sustainable so in many ways it is more difficult to attain :D.

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SJFedor

Quote from: jstobbsvergara13 on February 28, 2013, 03:18:59 AM
I have heard from some people in COWG that if you complete your girl scout gold award you are able to promote immediately or at least sooner than the normal 8 weeks if you have all of the testing done.  Does any one know if this is true or if it may be just something that the one squadron does? 
For all those of you who are wondering what the heck a girl scout gold award is, first of all >:( second of all, its similar to the eagle scout award but it entails more community service and needs to be sustainable so in many ways it is more difficult to attain :D.

First, congrats on your award.

To answer your question, no. CAPR 52-16 covers this, specifically, Chapter 5, section 1, which refers you to chapter 10 for accelerated promotions, which only applies to those who have participated in JROTC for at least two years.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Майор Хаткевич

SO don't feel bad. BSA doesn't get anything either, as most of what you learn really doesn't correlate that well.

Capt. $

Quote from: jstobbsvergara13 on February 28, 2013, 03:18:59 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pylon

I'm sorry, what?  Are you applauding her for getting her Gold Award (in which case, yes, laudable achievement).  Or supporting the (wrong) idea that there is accelerated promotion available to former Girl or Boy Scouts based on awards in those organizations (because there's not)?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP