OHWG Law Enforcement Academy

Started by kd8gua, July 04, 2012, 06:54:49 PM

kd8gua

Applications are still being accepted for the Ohio Wing Law Enforcement Training Program being held 15-20 July 2012 at the Highway Patrol Academy in Columbus, Ohio. This program provides cadets with the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at the operation and training of a large city police department, Highway Patrol, military, and other government agencies. Throughout the week, participants will visit the Columbus Police property room, dispatch center, heliport, academy, SWAT, and firing range. Cadets will receive classroom and hands on training from the Highway Patrol and active/retired police officers. Cadets will also participate in actual training scenarios designed to allow them to use their judgment in tense, fast evolving situations that officers face everyday.

We still have slots available for cadets and TAC officer positions for seniors. Minimum requirements for cadets are, you must be 15, a C/SSgt and have been to an encampment. Cost for the activity is $150 for cadets and $120 for seniors. If you are interested in participating or have questions, please contact Major Matt Rittenhouse at matt.rittenhouse@ohwg.cap.gov, or post a reply here and I will also try to answer what I can. The major is the activity director and I am the project officer.

Last year was our inaugural run of this program which was met with very good reviews. We have expanded upon the views expressed by the cadets at the end of last year's program to make this year even more enjoyable.

Also, as a side note, if anyone is thinking about coming, but may not want to because of NESA starting 21 July, I am attending both the Law Enforcement Program and both weeks of NESA. It is possible that we may be able to work out a carpool or something from Columbus, OH to Columbus, IN.

Thanks!
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

Extremepredjudice

Seems like short notice... Less than 11 days before the start.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

Better than 10 days. Even better, they're trying to utilize all the slots, even if it means great hassle at the last minute for them. Better filled than empty.

Ya never know until you ask.

kd8gua

Registration has been opened for some time. At first this was only opened to OHWG cadets because of the number of available slots. It was also opened up to Region a while back, and we do have a number of interested parties from other wings. We still have a few openings so we figured if anyone in or around OHWG had not heard about this program, perhaps they may find information about it here!
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ