COS, RCLS and the Eaker

Started by Cool Mace, December 12, 2010, 09:17:08 PM

DC

Quote from: JArvey on January 01, 2011, 07:44:02 PM
Quote from: DakRadz on December 19, 2010, 04:28:37 PM
Quote from: JArvey on December 19, 2010, 03:17:02 PM
Quote from: noodles on December 19, 2010, 02:32:30 PM
So...should RCLS students be treated like cadets at an encampment or like officers at any other activity?  Whats the consensus out there?   

Neither it should be a relaxed environment in my opinion. I have heard of many Cadet Colonels enlisting and failing miserably because there not used to being yelled at or doing so much drill and PT.
Really, now? Do you have any evidence?

I have a hard time believing that MANY of them have done this. And I've seen no proof.

Also, see the last two sentences of DC's post.

Evidence? No, he told me himself
I won't jump to conclusions, not knowing this person myself, but I highly doubt the relaxed atmosphere at COS and the general lack of yelling directed toward senior cadet officers was the reason he was not successful. Again, if the average 18 year old Joe Civilian is capable of making through BMT, why would a Spaatz cadet be at a disadvantage?

Tim Medeiros

So...should RCLS students be treated like cadets at an encampment or like officers at any other activity?  Whats the consensus out there?   

Neither it should be a relaxed environment in my opinion. I have heard of many Cadet Colonels enlisting and failing miserably because there not used to being yelled at or doing so much drill and PT.

I have a hard time believing that MANY of them have done this. And I've seen no proof.

Many = plural
He = singular

Soooo, you made a broad based statement based on one persons experience?  Nicely done.

Based one whats been said, I'm thinking there is something more to the reason why said C/Col left BMT.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

JArvey

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on January 02, 2011, 08:06:54 PM

Many = plural
He = singular

Soooo, you made a broad based statement based on one persons experience?  Nicely done.

Based one whats been said, I'm thinking there is something more to the reason why said C/Col left BMT.

he told me that he knew another and there may have been a reason I dint ask

spaatzmom

Quote from: JArvey on January 04, 2011, 03:22:44 AM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on January 02, 2011, 08:06:54 PM

Many = plural
He = singular

he told me that he knew another and there may have been a reason I dint ask

So, all you have is hearsay or rumor, which means absolutely nothing and has no credibility anywhere.  There are many former Spaatzen on this board who have successfully navigated the "torturous" weeks of BMT, along with those who went without even knowing what the Spaatz award is let alone CAP.

Eclipse

One could, I suppose, make the argument that RCLS, COS, or whatever didn't help a cadet in BMT, but a single supposedly lax activity is certainly not going to cause a C/Col. to struggle there.

That makes no logical sense.

"That Others May Zoom"

JArvey

WTF, im not going to just lie. I'm telling you what he told me. Is there really a point of you guys just sitting on your computers accusing everyone of something else every 15 minutes? Don't you have something better to do than call someone probably 30 years younger than you a lier? Every other post I see has arguments on it. And yes I was being sarcastic if you felt you needed to argue that not *every other* post has arguments.