Navy Blue Flight Suit Supplier

Started by Imouttahere, November 30, 2019, 02:44:22 PM

Imouttahere

I wasn't sure if anyone was aware of Flightline Flight Suits in Canada but their prices for Nomex are extremely reasonable and certainly better than what VG is offering. $150 for Nomex suits. I ordered one and will follow up with the fit and finish when I get it. Hopefully this helps someone.

https://shop.flightsuits.ca/NAVY-BLUE-CWU-27P-NOMEX-FLIGHTSUIT-CWU27Navy.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SarDragon

I got mine from Gibson & Barnes. It's a little bit more expensive, but no potential customs hassles, and they are top quality. G&B is a supplier for the military.  They are at flightsuits dot com .
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hawk200

Quote from: SarDragon on November 30, 2019, 04:20:30 PM
I got mine from Gibson & Barnes. It's a little bit more expensive, but no potential customs hassles, and they are top quality. G&B is a supplier for the military.  They are at flightsuits dot com .
Got a couple things from G&B. Very high quality products. Little spendy, but you are getting what you pay for.

I tend to look at them for things first.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Imouttahere

I'll let you know how this new place is. G&B is good but still on the expensive side, though better than VG. The number of suppliers for reasonably price Navy blue flight suits is relatively low so I figured a new supplier was noteable for the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmkagey

I'm 6'7" and am having trouble finding a flight suit with 36 inch inseams
Anyone have any ideas
Thanks

Eclipse

Quote from: dmkagey on September 21, 2021, 03:49:07 PMAnyone have any ideas

Yes.  Golf shirt and TAC pants... (I kid, I kid).

Rothco purports to go to 7XL, however no indication on lengths, so you'd need to contact them.
https://www.rothco.com/product/rothco-flightsuits

Full disclosure, Rothco is cheap, but not the highest quality.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Gibson and Barnes has tall sizes:
http://www.gibson-barnes.com/dept-293791/Flight-Suits-Uniforms.html

And rumor has it they do custom sizing as well, but be prepared for $$$!

"That Others May Zoom"

Crashaxe

I had a custom-made navy flight suit done by Gibson and Barnes. The 6.0 oz heavyweight Nomex custom-sized flight suit cost me the same as the cheaply made 4.5 oz Nomex sage flight suit Vanguard sells on their website.

The website is gibson-barnes.com now.

Crashaxe

I called Gibson and Barnes last week to get a Sage 4.5 oz custom flight suit.

The price was $439.00.

My rep said that there has been a steep hike in the price of Nomex.

If you want a cheaper flight suit, you should get it elsewhere while the prices are still lower.

NIN

Holy.  Smokes.

I picked up my current blue Nomex bag on ebay (where I get all my other flightsuits, usually). I think I paid [strike]$60?[/strike] [Edit: just looked: $39.50 plus shipping]

$450 is... crazy.

If you are smart and patient,  you can find whatever you're looking for there eventually. I found a late 70s "combination 3" shirt there last year after 3-4 years of having a search running.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pinecone

Quote from: Eclipse on September 21, 2021, 04:12:42 PMGibson and Barnes has tall sizes:
http://www.gibson-barnes.com/dept-293791/Flight-Suits-Uniforms.html

And rumor has it they do custom sizing as well, but be prepared for $$$!

I contacted them a few weeks ago about custom suits, and the only do the Sentinel Suits.  Which are copies of the CWU-27P.

I was quoted $352 for lightweight (5 ounce cloth) or $362 for medium weight (6.5 ounce cloths).

Pinecone

I finally got it straight in my head about G&B flight suits.

The CWU-27/P is the current USAF flight suit.  Available in Sage or Tan only. And only in MIL Spec 4.5 ounce Nomex IIIA. Standard sizes in Short, Regular, or Tall. 

The FSL-27/P is the same suit, but available in various colors.  Available in either MIL Spec or Lightweight 4.5 ounce Nomex IIIA.  MIL Spec only in Sage.  Standard sizes in Short, Regular, or Tall.

The Sentinel Uniform is the same design as the other two, but can be customized.  This is the one that can get custom tailored to fit you and also available in standard sizes.  Extra pockets, different types of sleeve and leg cuffs, badge holders, epaulets. Available in colors.  For fabric, this flight suit can be ordered in Resolute (cotton/poly, long or short sleeve), Mil Spec or Lightweight 4.5 ounce Nomex IIIA, or Medium weight 6.0 ounce Nomex IIIA.  MIL Spec only in Sage.

If you are not sure of your size or if you need a custom suit, you can use their measurement page, fill it out and send it to them, and they will suggest the proper standard size or if you would be better with a custom sized suit.