Cadet Advisory Council Senior Member Ribbon Wear

Started by USAFRiggerGuy, March 16, 2018, 06:12:52 PM

USAFRiggerGuy

I am having trouble finding information on CAC SM wear. I am being asked to step in and be the CAC Senior Advisor next week. Question:

1- Do I wear the CAC Ribbon as a SM
2- Is there a length of service requirement that I have to meet before I can wear the CAC ribbon (if I'm eligible to)

I could only find something on Wikipedia saying the only SM's that earned the ribbon as a Cadet can wear it. Not sure if that is good information.

Thanks all! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michael Orcutt, 1Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Broomfield Composite Squadron
RMR-CO-099
Proud USAF Veteran (SSgt)

LSThiker

Quote from: USAFRiggerGuy on March 16, 2018, 06:12:52 PM
I could only find something on Wikipedia saying the only SM's that earned the ribbon as a Cadet can wear it.

This is correct.  You, as a SM, will not rate for the CAC ribbon.  You can wear it as a SM only if you earned it as a cadet.

Eclipse

I am having trouble finding information on CAC SM wear. I am being asked to step in and be the CAC Senior Advisor next week. Question:

2- Is there a length of service requirement that I have to meet before I can wear the CAC ribbon (if I'm eligible to)

I could only find something on Wikipedia saying the only SM's that earned the ribbon as a Cadet can wear it. Not sure if that is good information.

Thanks all! 

CAPR 39-3, Page 15:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R039_003_83459660D4F44.pdf
"j. Cadet Advisory Council Ribbon. Awarded to all primary members of each cadet
advisory council. The ribbon with appropriate device as indicated below is a permanent cadet
activity award. Additionally, a shoulder cord is worn as a means of identifying current CAC
members; however, it is worn only during the term of office. Senior members who served as CAC
members during their cadet tenure may continue to wear the ribbon
."

"That Others May Zoom"

I_Am_Twigs

I'm going to kinda add onto this question if you don't mind.

I'm currently the cadet CAC rep assistant at my squadron. Would I be able to wear the chord cord?

[FTFY  ;) ]
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Quote from: I_Am_Twigs on March 16, 2018, 06:27:05 PM
I'm currently the cadet CAC rep assistant at my squadron. Would I be able to wear the chord?

No.  The cord and ribbon are only worn / earned by the formally appointed primary rep.

"That Others May Zoom"

USAFRiggerGuy

@Eclipse

So seniors can't wear the ribbon if they didn't earn it previously as a Cadet? Am I reading that correctly?

Thanks

Michael Orcutt, 1Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Broomfield Composite Squadron
RMR-CO-099
Proud USAF Veteran (SSgt)

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

I_Am_Twigs

@SarDragon

Haha, thanks for fixing that, I've been playing my guitar a little to much lately I guess ;D
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

KarlIceman

Thanks all! 

That is correct..only SMs who earned the CAC ribbon as Cadets may wear it..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk