Main Menu

C/BG

Started by Cecil DP, January 24, 2008, 09:34:40 AM

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Flying Pig

Bling Monster!  ;D   Thats a good one.  Yeah, some of those were a little out of control.  However, with that being said, you have to admire them for their dedication.  I would rather see a cadet toting a cart full of ribbons than sporting a chest full of gang tats.  In the end, they will move on and the medals will take their respective place in a shoe box or a shadow box on a wall.   I have seen High School student with Letterman's jackets that look very similar.  What I find interesting also, is that the JROTC branches fall in line with their respective service.  You have to admit, Army uniforms have always been notorious for pins, patches, ribbons cords.  Before anyone explodes over my comparisons, I was also in the Army.

But being a former Marine, you have to love these guys.  Simple, sharp, and to the point.  "Bling?  We don't need no stinking Bling.  Im in a set of dress blues" he says......"Hurry up and take my picture, the ladies are waiting."

flyguy06

Quote from: CAP Producer on January 24, 2008, 06:06:44 PM
The Chicago JROTC program has had the C/BG rank for 10 years that I know of.

Linky: http://www.chicagojrotc.com/city_corps_staff.jsp?rn=545875

Thats a corps staff. It encompasses all the JROTC units inthe school system. Its more ceremonial than anything else. Good idea though. they have ajoint staff too. I have never seen that before.

flyguy06

The only place I know that is authorized the rank of cadet General is Texas A&M ROTC program. They have a joint Corps of Cadets. That Chicago unit is the firat joint JROTC Corps I have ever seen. Good idea though.

JayT

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 06, 2008, 10:43:55 PM
The only place I know that is authorized the rank of cadet General is Texas A&M ROTC program. They have a joint Corps of Cadets. That Chicago unit is the firat joint JROTC Corps I have ever seen. Good idea though.

They do have a four diamond cadet, but I believe it's title is 'Cadet Colonel of the Corps," Not Brig. General.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

JROB

Yeah they Call them C/BG and Unlike in CAP we dont get a ribbon every time we get promoted an they are the Only JROTC program in the country with that grade in Memphis we just have Colonels
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

jb512

Quote from: JThemann on February 01, 2008, 07:10:28 PM
It seems gentlemen, that people who live in a glass house of cadet programs shouldn't throw rocks.

First, I don't believe it was JROTC who complained about the lack of C/BG rank, it was college ROTC. So, it wasn't a case of JROTC 'dictating our policy.' It was a legit complaint that lead to a change in policy.

Second, I learned more CP/military related stuff and much much much more AE related stuff in JROTC then is taught in CAP. To say 'Well, we occasionally let cadets go on missions' doesn't make/break the CP of CAP.

I would completely agree with that, but one thing in CAP's defense is that it's a little easier to teach your people when you have an hour a day, five days a week plus after school drill sessions.  Another plus is that you always have a constant rotation of seasoned 4th year cadets teaching 3rd year, 2nd year down to first and it kinda takes care of itself.  Every cadet staff position is usually filled from top to bottom every year.

I was also a dual CAP/AFJROTC cadet and found that the ROTC side appealed more to me.  I left CAP as a C/FO, but went to C/Lt Col in ROTC.

♠SARKID♠

QuoteI left CAP as a C/FO

A cadet flight officer?  Sounds like something from before my time.

SarDragon

Way before your time. Many moons ago.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jimmydeanno

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 10, 2008, 08:49:21 AM

I was a C/FO at one point - I earned my Mitchell in 1998, a few months later it was phased out.

In my cadet time after earning your Mitchell you were promoted to C/FO (Gold Pip).  C/2d Lt was another achievement away.  It was kind of aggravating when they phased them out because everyone who hadn't earned C/2d Lt was automatically promoted.  At the time we had 4 C/FOs and I was the only one who had completed the achievement for C/2d Lt, the rest got auto promoted...we were fiercely competitive... ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ßτε

When I had my gold pip, I was a Cadet Warrant Officer (C/WO) . This was just before the transition to the light blue shirt with epaulets. During this time, C/WO wore the grade insignia on the collar of the blue shirt, but C/2d Lt and above wore shoulder boards on the blue shirt.

jb512

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 10, 2008, 08:49:21 AM

I think you're trying to make me feel old.....

;)

Al Sayre

When I left the Cadet Program, I was a C/WO and we wore our glod pips on shoulderboards.  This was just slightly before dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

mikeylikey

Man, I was a C/FO.  I feel so old!  I still remember the Cadet Officers saying I wasn't a real Officer yet, and had to still drill with the flight.  I think we even wore them on the collars right?  It has been like 10 years.....
What's up monkeys?

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Al Sayre on March 11, 2008, 11:45:04 AM
When I left the Cadet Program, I was a C/WO and we wore our glod pips on shoulderboards.  This was just slightly before dinosaurs roamed the earth.

That's what we had when I was a cadet.  I never did get the Mitchell (long story), so I topped out as a C/MSgt (which, for you current cadets, was the highest cadet NCO grade at the time). 

ZigZag911

I was also C/WO when I got my Mitchell (after Apollo XI, but before the last Moon landing!)...later got an Earhart, finished off as C/Capt.

SarDragon

I got an instant promotion from C/MSgt to C/WO in Dec '68 when it was first introduced.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret