Main Menu

Snowfall on Captalk?

Started by RogueLeader, December 13, 2012, 02:54:57 PM

RogueLeader

Is it just me, or is there little asterisk' falling like snow on the page?  I saw them on my droid last night, but I'm seeing them here too.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

johnnyb47

Oh thank god.
I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.
I actually foccussed on one particular "flake" so hard in an attempt to make it go away using the power of positive thinking that I made myself sick. :)
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Майор Хаткевич

Now the real question: Bringing back the end of the world like it's 1999, or HTML5?

PHall

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Extremepredjudice

If you use F.lux it is really noticeable.

Kinda annoying. Especially since there is no snow where I live

Also, it is making my phone have an anuerism.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Майор Хаткевич

They are all different too! Some smaller, some bigger. Some are a five point asterisk, others are a legs/arms - no head parachutist. Others flicker.

I am amused.

krnlpanick

I have spent nearly 10 minutes now trying to "catch" one... Fantastic colossal waste of time! Oh how I <3 CT!
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

I am able to highlight some! HTML5 Rocks.

krnlpanick

:clap:

Did you realize they *avoid* the cursor and the snow falls opposite whatever direction the cursor is in relation to the center of your browser. Nice work!
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

capmaj

It's the Mayans!!!!  It's almost 12-21-12.

Garibaldi

I have suffered from ocular migraines over the last 30 years or so, and had one yesterday morning. I thought it was coming back when I saw the snowflakes!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

RogueLeader

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 13, 2012, 07:22:42 PM
I have suffered from ocular migraines over the last 30 years or so, and had one yesterday morning. I thought it was coming back when I saw the snowflakes!

I have a genetic disorder called congenital nystagmus.  It causes some pretty weird/cool phenomena with contrasting light or staring at a monitor.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Cool Mace

This may be a little too amusing for me. I just spent a good ten minutes looking at them.

Work is slow today...  :angel:
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Майор Хаткевич

Try clicking them! Some highlight more than one (but not all). Others only the one clicked.

Cool Mace

Quote from: usafaux2004 on December 13, 2012, 09:25:54 PM
Try clicking them! Some highlight more than one (but not all). Others only the one clicked.

Thanks, now I have more wasted time... Ah, I'm too easily distracted by the simple things in life.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Sapper168

Is there any way to disable the snow on my end or is it an all users thing?  It really is bugging the crap out of me  ::)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Luis R. Ramos

For years I had known about this but never saw one. Just now it was almost like a blizzard! Well, not quite. I do not have time to look at them, but now I have seen them, I believe!

And now I also see they are staying at the bottom of the screen. What do I use for a virtual shovel and virtual salt?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Майор Хаткевич

Yea on my phone I see then piling up and melting