Forrmer pilots, officials call for UFO study - A new mission? ;)

Started by A.Member, November 14, 2007, 07:33:30 PM

A.Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21777913/

From the article:
QuoteThe panel, organized by a group dedicated to winning credibility for the study of UFOs, urged Washington to resume UFO investigations through the U.S. Air Force or NASA.
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for us to add another mission.  >:D

I do kind of agree with the following statement though:
Quote"Especially after the attacks of 9/11, it is no longer satisfactory to ignore radar returns ... which cannot be associated with performances of existing aircraft and helicopters," they said in a statement released at a news conference Monday.
With the emergence of UAVs and other technology, these items should probably be investigated a bit more thoroughly than the appear to be today.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

ammotrucker

Under what banner would you fly those types of mission.  Emergency Services.
I have enough trouble getting my crews to want to do DR training, they will do all of the SAR training you would like concerning flying.

Now UFO training, great concept.  I'm game.
RG Little, Capt

BillB

A new UFO investigation is not needed. It's been proven that most all UFO sightings have resulted from Cadet AE experiments.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

sardak

In the old days, when someone asked us what we were doing when we were DFing, we'd sometimes reply that we were with Project Blue Book.  It depended on who was asking and what mood we were in.

Mike

♠SARKID♠

CAP checking UFO's?  Financial nightmare: It would cost way too much to fit the Cessna's with hyperdrives in order to keep up with the martian spaceships.  ;D

Now, if we started sending ground teams through the Stargate to explore alien worlds, then I am GAME TO THE FRIGGIN MAX!

A.Member

Guys, in case it wasn't clear, the suggestion that we add UFO investigation to our missions was supposed to be tongue in cheek. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

wingnut

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 15, 2007, 04:21:55 AM
CAP checking UFO's?  Financial nightmare: It would cost way too much to fit the Cessna's with hyperdrives in order to keep up with the martian spaceships.  ;D

Oh god I have too much time on my hands....
http://resdon111.googlepages.com/PLAID.swf

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ammotrucker

Quote from: A.Member on November 15, 2007, 04:50:37 AM
Guys, in case it wasn't clear, the suggestion that we add UFO investigation to our missions was supposed to be tongue in cheek. 

Darn, I thought some of my guys might want something new to do.... LMAO
RG Little, Capt

Psicorp

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 15, 2007, 06:10:54 AM

That's great...with flaps down even.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Psicorp on November 15, 2007, 06:17:16 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 15, 2007, 06:10:54 AM

That's great...with flaps down even.

Yeah, I noticed that while I was making it!