Technical or Specialized Operations

Started by AALTIS, December 20, 2014, 02:57:46 AM

sarmed1

My guess the "internal" thing means they only operate on CAP tasked missions.  ie they can't go out on a local search unless CAP as a whole is called out (and my guess is you can't call CAP just for the one dog team)

MK
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Andrew Loy

And you can change all of this when you become the National Commander... 

No - it's called holding the organization to its rules and common sense.  Something which apparently isn't important to some people,
which is why it's in the state it is.

CAP has regulations about correspondence and use of insignia and indices, and "empowered" working groups decide to
change things without actually updating the pertinent regulations. "For the good of the corps".

CAP has regulations about what is, and what >isn't< an ES mission, yet there are "empowered" people all over the organization
who simple "do what they will" without thought to the organizational members ramifications and consequences. "For the good of the corps."

CAP has regulations about uniform wear and appearance which are nearly universally ignored or altered as hoc because commanders
have no imperative to stress discipline and good order, because that might cause attrition.  "For the good of the corps."

See how this works?

If it's important enough to do, it's important to do it correctly and by the book.
[/quote]

Eclipse

Quote from: Andrew Loy on December 26, 2014, 08:30:23 PM
And you can change all of this when you become the National Commander... 

It might be nice to have these issues addressed sometime before hell freezes over...

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Hell is already almost frozen over. Give it a couple of weeks. It happens every year. Hell is about 270 miles from the Palwaukee Airport.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

Quote from: kratclif on December 24, 2014, 04:38:15 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 23, 2014, 11:13:12 PM
Quote from: kratclif on December 23, 2014, 10:53:54 PM
Whether or not any members currently hold this specialty is another matter, and I honestly have no idea. But since it's listed in the database as a specialty perhaps it would print on a real 101 card if authorized for a member, no Photoshop required?

For a dog?

Are there SETs?  Which Commander approved the pre-reqs?  What about Fam/Prep?
Two mission participation?

What's the doctrine for an "internal SAR dog?"

What's the re-up schedule?

There are sure to be all manner of "things" in the CAPWatch tables that would horrify those who actually
read and adhere to the regs, that doesn't make them viable CAP missions, nor a good idea.

No, not for a dog, but a canine handler. The actual text from Achievements.txt is "TSK9 - Technical Specialty K9 Handler"

I have NO other information about this specialty. I posted it because it's factual information relevant to the discussion, not because I think it's a good idea for CAP to perform K9 SAR operations.

Can the dog have canine ABUs?  ???

LTCinSWR

Quote from: Private Investigator on December 29, 2014, 01:56:25 AMCan the dog have canine ABUs?  ???

Years ago, I had a Squadron Commander who had a Weimaraner that had his own Woodland Pattern backpack/saddlebag/vest combination. Looked great - had a wing patch on the left side and a squadron patch on the right side of the vest. He packed his bowl, food, etc.

The CC was an interesting guy (I worked with him in the paying world). He also raised emus.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters