AF Base Rooming Question.

Started by exFlight Officer, November 02, 2009, 06:02:31 PM

exFlight Officer

My squadron commander and myself will be attending a training event in about two weeks. The training event lasts two days and is within miles of an Air Force Base. I am unable to find information for staying on base while attending a C.A.P. I remember being told that C.A.P. members are aloud to stay on the base for temporary stay. My commander and I are on a budget with money for romming so we refered to this as one of the best options but we are unable to find information. If anyone can help me with this subject, that would be much appreciated!

MIKE

I think you need an MSA from your State Director.  Since the activity is being held off installation this would seem to be less likely.
Mike Johnston

JoeTomasone

Short version: If you are participating in a CAP activity, then you might qualify to stay on base.    If you are not participating in a CAP activity, then no.

Long version: KB Article

Cecil DP

If you don't have a "Military ID" you won't get a room, unless the State Director issues a MSA to allow you to receive military support for the activity.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Spike

Quote from: Cecil DP on November 02, 2009, 07:28:38 PM
If you don't have a "Military ID" you won't get a room, unless the State Director issues a MSA to allow you to receive military support for the activity.

And then, Air Force Lodging WILL Charge room rates.  New Policy on their part that will be implemented NOV 09. 

Before, some installations would allow you to stay free if they had enough rooms, and were "friendly" toward CAP. 

Cecil DP

Quote from: Spike on November 03, 2009, 11:43:17 PM

And then, Air Force Lodging WILL Charge room rates.  New Policy on their part that will be implemented NOV 09. 

Before, some installations would allow you to stay free if they had enough rooms, and were "friendly" toward CAP. 

They always remembered to charge me.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

PHall

Where exactly did you ever get to stay for free?  Every billeting office I've ever seen has always charged for rooms.

PA Guy

I think the current rate runs from about $35 to $39/night for VAQ/VOQ rooms on AF bases.

Hawk200

I've had to pay for every billeting room I've ever had to stay in over the last twenty years.

There have been times I've been assigned barracks for some extended stays, didn't get charged for those. But they weren't billeting.