What typeface would you want CAP to adopt?

Started by jimmydeanno, December 12, 2008, 07:54:17 PM

jimmydeanno

The conversation about typeface has come up in conversation a few times and I thought it might be neat to see what people come up with.

The typeface that an organization or company selects helps solidify its image and brand.  It is one of the key components to ensuring that your documents and such all have the same feel when someone picks it up.

Generically, people use two separate - but complimentary typefaces, one for headings and the other for body text.  Traditionally the heading typeface is/was a sans serif typeface with the body having serifs.  Serifs help to move the eye along the text, creating a flow.

However, when it comes down to it, it is important to use a typeface that meets your need.  For example, Times New Roman was developed because of a need to have easily flowing text that would work for the narrow columns of newspaper format.  However, when carried over into normal documents it makes for hard reading.

If you were to create a typeface scheme for CAP to use what would you pick?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

I'm a fan of Arial.  It is a block type format and I think professional looking.
Serving since 1987.

A.Member

1.  Tahoma
2.  Verdana
3.  Arial

All three look good enlarged and/or bolded.  All are professional looking and easy to read.  I like the very subtle "style" of the first two add over the Arial font.   I use Tahoma for all my headings and such and Arial for body (text portions)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eeyore

dwb

I like the one that NHQ/CP uses.  I call it the Curt LaFont.

jeders

I read this comic this morning, and this thread just instantly made me think of it.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Sarge

Eras Bold ITC...looks great on our Sq HQ sign!

teesquared

For a sans serif type I really like Swiss 721 BT, but I also like either Eras Med ITC or Folio Bk BT.  For a serif type I'm a big fan of Garamond.
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

PhoenixRisen

The squadron name header on my sq's website (once CAWG/HQ approves our patch) is Engravers MT.  I think that looks pretty cool.

Pylon

I'd like to see:
Whitney for headlines:

Mercury for body text:

Whitney looks like this when used on CAP stuff (very rough draft - not refined):
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Pylon on December 16, 2008, 02:07:32 PM
I'd like to see:
Whitney for headlines:
Mercury for body text:

Ironically, those are the typefaces used in all the new CP Shop stuff...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 16, 2008, 02:17:30 PM
Ironically, those are the typefaces used in all the new CP Shop stuff...

Coincidence?

8)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.