AF.mil : Civil Air Patrol: A foundation for leadership, education

Started by Capt Rivera, August 09, 2008, 04:06:12 AM

Capt Rivera

Full Article: http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123110062

QuoteCivil Air Patrol: A foundation for leadership, education

Commentary by Staff Sgt. Paul R. Evans
421st Combat Training Squadron

8/8/2008 - FORT DIX, N.J. (AFPN) -- After I finished my duty for the day, I heard a familiar sound through my office window outside the 421st Combat Training Squadron building where I work. It was the echo of enthusiastic chants from the cadets of the New Jersey Civil Air Patrol encampment hosted by the U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center...

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DC

Very nice, it is nice to see such a supportive article from the Air Force...

I'm pretty sure C/FOs aren't around anymore though...

Capt Rivera

Quote from: DC on August 09, 2008, 04:10:42 AM

Yea... I can deal with the C/FO thing... Kinda wish he mentioned: www.gocivilairpatrol.com .... But no complaints... I'm glad he wrote it.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

stratoflyer

That was a great article.

Did he mention Cadet Flight Officer?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Capt Rivera

QuoteThe cadets have the opportunity to advance into officer ranks as well. The first of these is cadet flight officer. When a cadet earns this rank, he or she receives the General Billy Mitchell Award that acknowledges the cadet's achievements in the cadet enlisted ranks. Currently, the Air Force awards these recipients the pay grade of E-3 after completion of basic military training. Sister services offer E-2 to the recruit.

Again... my only comment is a thank you for the effort of the writer...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

MIKE

Quote from: DC on August 09, 2008, 04:10:42 AM

It's pretty obvious that he was speaking from his own experience in the Cadet Program.
Mike Johnston

Major Carrales

It is definately nice to see Active Duty folks saying good things.  If I may be so bold, there are many that down play the CADET program infavor of our ES missions.  However, our Cadet Program touches a large number of folks and, maybe even more importantly, touches the future.

Let's see how long it takes someone to mae the false conclusion that I am putting down ES in favor of CP?  You should I note that I am a WHOLE CAP person.  Now, what about AE?

I think the key to our future is in a good CP program, an effective ES and a revived and renewed AE.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Capt Rivera

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 09, 2008, 03:50:31 PM

I think the key to our future is in a good CP program, an effective ES and a revived and renewed AE.

I agree... Further I believe that ES presents cadets with increased opportunity to put into practice the tools/knowledge we give them in the leadership portion of the cadet program.... At the same time, cadets who participate in SARx and Actual missions are a force multiplier, making our searches more effective.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiveraJ on August 09, 2008, 04:12:15 PM
I agree... Further I believe that ES presents cadets with increased opportunity to put into practice the tools/knowledge we give them in the leadership portion of the cadet program.... At the same time, cadets who participate in SARx and Actual missions are a force multiplier, making our searches more effective.

I will second that.  The Cadets I have known that take an active part in ES training have grown as people due to the responsibilty and leadership in doing something that us "real" and "actual."  Put a cadet on a Radio, let them do a good job with real  CAP assets...this makes them feel like they have worth and CAP is worth it.  We won't get far merely maraching them in "squares and circles" all the time with nothing more.

Give them options...you will be suprised.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Lancer

When you see the Civil Air Patrol, don't laugh or poke fun. They aren't around to "play G.I. Joe." They actually have a mission, a mission far greater than most realize and one I've personally experienced.

Ya! What he said... Don't laugh or poke fun!   

;D

They could also use your help as a mentor and leader. These cadets are the future leaders of the Air Force and other sister services. They are always vigilant.

All kidding aside... he couldn't have ended his commentary any better than that, and it's the major reason why my focus will *always* be the CP. :clap:

stratoflyer

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP