Main Menu

What is real purpose of CAP

Started by flyguy06, June 18, 2008, 09:38:40 PM

smj58501

One of the more interesting CAPTalk discussions as of late. Throughout it all, I am reminded of one of Dr. Steven Covey's quotes from his "4 Disciplines of Execution" seminar:

"If everything is a priority, then NOTHING is a priority"

Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

ZigZag911

Aside from my years as a cadet, I spent nearly 20 years as a senior supporting the cadet program very directly.

My work responsibilities simply no longer permit the weekly meeting participation (and often daily obligations!) involved in actively working directly with the cadet program.

So my current CAP efforts are primarily ES related, training, planning, preparing....which, happily, from time to time still permits some direct involvement with cadets (as an ES instructor or IC at a SAREX, mostly).

CAP's got three missions -- we all have some obligation to each, but no one can be doing all three at the same time equally well!

flyerthom

Just to make things interesting we've been talking of missions. Missions are done to accomplish the purpose of CAP. All our missions build leaders and citizens. In many ways CAP is one of the few organizations that truly do think globally (or at least nationally) and act locally.  I would suggest the following is our purpose:

why we are here
TC