AF outlines responsibilities for Airmen online

Started by Pylon, November 26, 2007, 06:40:56 PM

Pylon

Though probably nothing surprising in nature, an interesting read:

http://www.nysyra.ang.af.mil/Newsletter%20web%20page/htm/Features_15_November07.htm

Summary:
QuoteThis week's Airman's Roll Call focuses on Airmen's public Web responsibilities to the Air Force, each other and the American public.

To conduct day-to-day missions, Air Force people use new technology, which has carried over into the personal lives of Airmen. Today's Airmen are able to send messages and pictures to family and friends across the globe through social networking Web sites and Web logs (or blogs).

While not prohibited from using blogs or social network sites, as ambassadors for the United States and the Air Force, Airmen must consider the lives of others and the security of the nation before posting potentially sensitive information to the Web.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Tubacap

I saw an interesting poster the other day with a big InfoSec sign on it.  It had a bunch of jump drives with Secret seals on them.  Caught my eye and made me think of WWII.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

flyguy06

When I was in Iraq, we used to constantly tell soldiers tobe careful whatthey put over the internet or talked about over the phone totheir relatives. They would call home or email when they went out on patrol Where they were patrolling and what the reason for the patrol was. Its hard to control because people are gonna do what they want.

When we were getting ready to go home soldiers told their loved ones wher ewe were departing from and what time we were leaving. The Army had to change our departure location and didnt tell us until we were well on the road to the location.