NER
16 (13.8%)
NCR
12 (10.3%)
Outside of US
1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Extremepredjudice

I was just wondering which region had the most users on captalk.

Soooo, vote!
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Ed Bos

By from did you mean where you live, or where your CAP membership is assigned?
I live in AK, but I'm assigned to NHQ-007...

EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

RogueLeader

I've been in 4, but only allowed 1.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Ed Bos on January 17, 2012, 11:10:55 PM
By from did you mean where you live, or where your CAP membership is assigned?
I live in AK, but I'm assigned to NHQ-007...
Whatever unit you are attending meetings of.

Really it is your discretion.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

rustyjeeper

Looks to me like the boys (and girls) of NER are in the lead on membership. Mostly I belive because we all like to beat the ABU topic to death...
Like how I worked that in >:D?

AlphaSigOU

I've been a member of SER, MER, SWR, CAP Overseas and now currently in PCR, though currently stationed overseas in Kwajalein, Marshall Islands.

I swear to God I'm gonna pistol-whip the next guy who asks me to start an overseas squadron in Kwajalein!  ;D  (Read CAPR 35-4 first and you'll see why...)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SarDragon

>:D

Hey, Chuck, why haven't you started a unit on Kwaj, yet? 'Bout time you stopped draggin' your feet, isn't it?

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AirDX

Quote from: SarDragon on January 18, 2012, 08:55:11 AM

Hey, Chuck, why haven't you started a unit on Kwaj, yet? 'Bout time you stopped draggin' your feet, isn't it?

In case that's a serious question, and not just poking fun at him...

He can't.  The only squadrons allowed overseas are cadet squadrons on US Air Force bases (35-4, A.3).  Kwaj is Army (USAKA = US Army Kwajalein Atoll). 
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

SarDragon

The  >:D smilies were a sure sign that I was poking fun. Having been an OS unit CC, I am all too familiar with the provisions of CAPR 35-4.

Now I'm waitin' for the pistol whippin' to commence.  :angel: 8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BillB

Dave.... You must remember Chuck grew up as a Cadet in Florida Wing where CAP Regulations are suggestions not mandatory
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Flying Pig

CAWG PCR

Member formerly known as  >:D  (Hey, if Prince can do it....)

wuzafuzz

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Ed Bos

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 18, 2012, 12:30:06 AM

My meetings are once a year for 2 weeks. In Indiana. I'm not taking any blame credit for what goes on in that wing or region.   >:D
PCR-OR-001

davidsinn

Quote from: Ed Bos on January 18, 2012, 11:46:41 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 18, 2012, 12:30:06 AM

My meetings are once a year for 2 weeks. In Indiana. I'm not taking any blame credit for what goes on in that wing or region.   >:D

I've always wondered why there would be more than one person assigned to NHQ-007 in the first place. Why are people permanently assigned there when it's not substantially different in organization from an encampment for example?

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Ed Bos

Quote from: davidsinn on January 19, 2012, 12:43:34 AM
I've always wondered why there would be more than one person assigned to NHQ-007 in the first place. Why are people permanently assigned there when it's not substantially different in organization from an encampment for example?

If 1, why not more than 1?

For me, I asked to be transferred there to allow me to focus on the CAP mission I choose to focus on: ES, and more specifically GSAR.

I work with a GSAR "council" (for lack of a more appropriate term) that we call the Anchorage Bowl GSAR Group, and do some things with local units, but my current focus is on refining my course lessons and maintaining my skills to be the best schoolhouse instructor I can be.

I know why the Academy Director is assigned to NHQ-007: he and some other folks work on improving the facilities year-round. But I can't really speak for why other folks have chosen to be assigned there.

As far as the comparison to an encampment goes, I think it's fair to compare the two activities, but I also think they're substantively & substantially different.
PCR-OR-001

medicmike

Michael Bridge          USAF Retired
2d Lt CAP
Health Services Officer
GLR-OH-003

Cap'n

davidsinn

Quote from: Ed Bos on January 19, 2012, 02:24:33 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on January 19, 2012, 12:43:34 AM

If 1, why not more than 1?

For me, I asked to be transferred there to allow me to focus on the CAP mission I choose to focus on: ES, and more specifically GSAR.

I work with a GSAR "council" (for lack of a more appropriate term) that we call the Anchorage Bowl GSAR Group, and do some things with local units, but my current focus is on refining my course lessons and maintaining my skills to be the best schoolhouse instructor I can be.

I know why the Academy Director is assigned to NHQ-007: he and some other folks work on improving the facilities year-round. But I can't really speak for why other folks have chosen to be assigned there.

As far as the comparison to an encampment goes, I think it's fair to compare the two activities, but I also think they're substantively & substantially different.

No doubt NESA and encampment are different. The similarities are the interesting part though. They are both once a year activities that take pretty much year round work to run. I just don't see why it needs it's own charter and permanent membership when pretty much nothing else does. I know that some INWG members help with the facilities so being a charter member is not a requirement for year round access. I guess it doesn't really matter it's just weird.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn