What is your Speciality Track and....?

Started by Hardshell Clam, November 02, 2011, 06:25:18 PM

Hardshell Clam

What is your speciality track and how much time is spent with cadets? (If that is not your field.)

Just asking, not trying to stir up any poop, but you have to be rude, please move on.

And if you want to add what you do now, feel free!

Cheers!

jimmydeanno

My Specialties are:

Cadet Programs - Master: I spend several hours a month working with cadets (20-30).
Logistics - Master: I spend about an hour a month with cadets doing logistics type things.
Professional Development - Master: I spend about 2 hours a month mentoring cadet programs officers, teaching TLC, etc.
Finance - Technician: Lumping in fundraising, about 1 hour a month.
Character Development - Technician: Four hours per year.
Recruiting and Retention - Technician: Four hours per month.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hardshell Clam

SAR-EMT1

Active Tracks:

Personnel: Senior
Admin: Tech   

Time with cadets: Hardly any.

Inactive Track:

Cadet Programs: Tech ( Former Composite Sq Commander: 2-4 hours per week with Midgets Cadets )
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

tsrup

Cadet Programs- Tech
Emergency Services- Tech

about 99% of my time is spent with cadets in one form or another. 

Pretty much my only CAP capacity that doesn't involve cadets, it seems, is when I'm on an aircrew.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Major Lord

Senior Comms, Senior Cadet Programs. 99% of my time was cadet activities before I got too sick to make meetings regularly. Even though I thought that Ground Teams was where the fun would be ( and indeed I did have fun on ground teams!) Cadet Programs is the happiest place in CAP!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Eeyore

Cadet Programs - Senior
IG - Tech
IT - Tech

50% of my time at the Sq level is with cadets.

Ed Bos

I'm curious, what brought up the question & what are you trying to find out with the information you gather?

As for myself:

CADET PROGRAMS, SENIOR; PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, MASTER; EMERGENCY SERVICES, MASTER

Previously enrolled in the Organizational Excellence track, no rating, and no track any longer.

I spend all of my time at NESA working with cadet and senior member trainees side-by-side. The rest of the year varies depending on what I choose to involve myself in with local units.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

AirDX

Me:

Professional Development - Senior
Safety - Senior
Personnel - Technician
Communications - in training

Not much time with cadets - I have a Wing job, and I'm in a senior flight.  I do see cadets monthly at a squadron where I do the monthlt safety education.  And I have a Cadet Safety Officer I'm supposed to mentor now.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

rjfoxx

Cadet Programs:  Senior  (former DCP/DEWG) 20-30 hrs/month
Health Service: Technician (HSO/DEWG) 4-5 hrs/month
Aerospace: Technician
Safety: Technician
Prof Dev: no rating yet
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

Stonewall

Cadet Programs:  Master
Emergency Services:  Technician
Communications: Technician

During my active time in CAP I always said my focus was 51% cadets and 49% ES, but cadet programs always took priority.  I used ES (specifically ground operations) as a venue to facilitate cadet upbringing and leadership training.  As long as I was around as a CC, DCC and Ground Branch Director (GOD in the old days) I would put cadets in key positions and often times have cadets run complete ground teams.  Planning, OPORDs, execution, logistics, you name it.  I even had higher ranking and mature cadets teaching at MER SAR College one year, which was highly frowned upon, but ultimately successful.

Today, I have very little to do with CAP other than recently talking to the local Squadron CC to discuss my potential involvement as a fill-in for activities or meetings.
Serving since 1987.

Spaceman3750

Logistics: Tech (Senior next month)
ES: Tech
PD:None (Tech next month)
Master of Disaster >:D

The only time I really "work" with cadets is doing ground team things (which is maybe 20% of my CAP time). The rest of the time I am doing decidedly "senior" things - logistics, PD program management, oversight, paperwork, screwing something up (I'm really good at that one!), etc.

One thing I see a lot (at least in my squadron) is that seniors (especially the parents) seem have the idea that cadets are the end all of CAP and everything revolves around them. As a former cadet, I think that the Cadet Program is very important and does good work; however, there are two other missions and mountains of other "stuff" that don't directly involve cadets. Based on your original question, I kind of wonder if that's not where you're at. This explanation might not make total sense - I know exactly how I "feel" about the situation but not how to describe it in best detail.

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: Ed Bos on November 03, 2011, 06:14:31 AM
I'm curious, what brought up the question & what are you trying to find out with the information you gather?

I send it to MI-5 in London :) No ulterior motives, just curious and with some luck it will remain informational and fun, not negative.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 03, 2011, 02:43:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Bos on November 03, 2011, 06:14:31 AM

I send it to MI-5 in London :) No ulterior motives, just curious and with some luck it will remain informational and fun, not negative.

What's your specialty? I'll show you mine if you show me yours >:D.

Hardshell Clam

"What's your specialty? I'll show you mine if you show me yours >:D."

You are right, I forgot to post that info: IG at wing where I specialize in investigations. I have some contact with cadets in passing only.

Walkman

PAO-Tech
ESO-90& to tech

I spend about 50% of my time working with cadets.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 03, 2011, 03:51:57 PM

You are right, I forgot to post that info: IG at wing where I specialize in investigations. I have some contact with cadets in passing only.

Very cool. You must have been around awhile to be doing wing IG stuff - my wing IG is a bird colonel. How many years of political BS did it take you to land that gig? >:D

PHall

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 03, 2011, 04:47:46 PM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 03, 2011, 03:51:57 PM

Very cool. You must have been around awhile to be doing wing IG stuff - my wing IG is a bird colonel. How many years of political BS did it take you to land that gig? >:D

It doesn't take a bunch of CAP expierence to be a good IG. Just takes a person willing to do the job.

Grumpy