what is Aerospace Education

Started by flyguy06, September 27, 2009, 12:36:41 PM

flyguy06

when I think of Aerospace Education, I think of NASA, Shuttle launches, Satelites discoverying new planets and suns, and rockets.

I didnt realize that Aerosoace education also including flying and airplanes. Isnt that more aviation education than aerospace education? Just curious

BillB

You must realize that aerospace is actually two works, aero and space. This is why the cadet program covers both as you say flying and space.  In the educational system, aerospace also covers both areas, but places more weight on space. Normally aerospace is considered in the middle schools as a science course.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

vento

I know it is never a clever idea to refer to Wikipedia for an answer, but they do have a good definition of the term "Aerospace".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerospace

QuoteAerospace comprises the atmosphere of Earth and surrounding space. Typically the term is used to refer to the industry that researches, designs, manufactures, operates, and maintains vehicles moving through air and space. Aerospace is a very diverse field, with a multitude of commercial, industrial and military applications.
:)