Main Menu

New CAP Logo?

Started by O-Rex, March 30, 2009, 04:35:56 AM

O-Rex

Has anyone noticed the new "triangle prop" logo on the Volunteer, the report to congress, and even the updated CAP credit card?

What's up with that??

JC004

again with the identity crisis...

Pylon

They just can't help themselves.  Honestly.

Somebody at NHQ clearly thought "Gee, eight logos and seals isn't enough to choose from.  We need to make yet another logo that we'll use inconsistently just to make our corporate identity even more fractured."   ::)

It's way past being silly.  It's obnoxious and unprofessional now.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

Hawk200

Quote from: Pylon on March 30, 2009, 12:31:59 PM

Somebody at NHQ clearly thought "Gee, eight logos and seals isn't enough to choose from.  We need to make yet another logo that we'll use inconsistently just to make our corporate identity even more fractured."   ::)

Second.

caprr275

they came out with that logo for summer NB. at WNB they had just a red prop (on a lapel pin)

davidsinn

Does somebody have this logo? I couldn't find in on the report to congress.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Pylon on March 30, 2009, 12:31:59 PM

And ugly.  Don't forget ugly.
Another former CAP officer

Pylon

Quote from: davidsinn on March 30, 2009, 02:27:14 PM
Does somebody have this logo? I couldn't find in on the report to congress.

Attached.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NIN

"I just got this thing, its called Photoshop, and its wicked awesome.. Let me show you!"

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Lloyd Bumanglag Capt,CAP

What a piece of crap logo..........it's ugly...looks like a logo that would be placed on a Donald Duck Disney bowling shirt......
Lloyd Bumanglag, CAPT, CAP
Public Affairs Officer (PAO)
Long Beach Squadron 150
Los Alamitos, California

♠SARKID♠

JHC this is just getting ridiculous.  To use a modified quote of a well known WIWG member who was speaking on a different topic:  [The logo people] are like a puppy.  And the puppy is piddling on the kitchen floor.  And nobody has taken a rolled up newspaper and whapped it over the head yet.

Rob Sherlin

Hmmmm! Seems like they're trying to stray from our military style logos to try and proove something for some reason (even the "Citizens" quote thing). Maybe it's for members who are "anti - military", which is strange considering we wear uniforms, and are an Air Force Auxiliary. In that case, those members should probably find another organization to volunteer for.....Don't know why they came out with this....I don't like the logo either!....Too commercial looking!
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 30, 2009, 07:01:54 PM
JHC this is just getting ridiculous.  To use a modified quote of a well known WIWG member who was speaking on a different topic:  [The logo people] are like a puppy.  And the puppy is piddling on the kitchen floor.  And nobody has taken a rolled up newspaper and whapped it over the head yet.
Quote from: NIN on March 30, 2009, 06:10:05 PM
"I just got this thing, its called Photoshop, and its wicked awesome.. Let me show you!"

Time saver. Hit the puppy with the EMPTY Photoshop box. ;D

JAFO78

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 30, 2009, 07:01:54 PM

Just drop a nuke on them!!!. It will be years before the land could be used. >:D
JAFO

BuckeyeDEJ

Our seal, emblem and any other logos are (or should be) governed by regulation. Changes should be approved by the National Board, not executed by NHQ without oversight or adherence to regulations.

That said, everyone thinks they're a graphic designer. Or an art or music critic. But only some are truly designers, artists or musicians.

If you play the kazoo, you're not a musician. If you use an Etch-A-Sketch, you're not an artist. If you use Publisher, you're not a designer.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

JC004

I'm with Pylon, but we're going to fix this when we take over NHQ on Monday.  Worry not.   >:D

wuzafuzz

If this keeps up, before long we'll have enough logos to issue a unique one to each member.   ;D
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

swamprat86

If you want to see if it is official just have a company make a patch out of it and if they get a C&D from National because Vanguard didn't make it, it's official  >:D

jimmydeanno

This may sound odd, but what about the idea of branding each of CAPs missions differently, almost as separate entities in and of themselves?

So "Civil Air Patrol" would be the "Parent Corporation" much like Pepsi Co.  Under that umbrella they'd operate three identities; Aerospace Education, Emergency Services and Cadet Programs.  Each would have separate logos and marketing material, etc.  Much like Pepsi Co has their different Soda types.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill