Main Menu

CAP Challenge Coins

Started by abysmal, April 29, 2005, 01:51:44 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on April 22, 2012, 10:04:48 PM
Having a "challenge coin" is like haveing buisness cards......if you want some....all you got to do is go out and buy them.

If you're buying them for yourself, you're missing the point.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

I think he's saying that people make a big deal about people who have challenge coins, when they can have them too (their own coin), if they're willing to shell out some cash for them.  "Special People" aren't the only ones that can have coins.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

NCRblues

Hi, im 2nd Lt BagOdoughnuts. I am the admin officer for random squadron 999, here is my challenge coin!  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on April 23, 2012, 01:46:57 AM
Hi, im 2nd Lt BagOdoughnuts. I am the admin officer for random squadron 999, here is my challenge coin!  >:D
I had a shop NCOIC make some up for giving out as awards to other shops that helped us out.

It was kind of silly.  ::)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

True enough on the want one, buy one deal,  but there's very little in life any more, up to and even soon including space travel where that can't be said.

To me they are a token of shared experience, appreciation of special effort, or a unique event.  They aren't expensive, but they also aren't something you can just pick up at Things Remembered either. A tangible reminder of an intangible experience.

After the family is safe, the next trip into my burning house will be for the flags and the coins, because they represent experiences for me that I frankly never thought would be open to me.

"That Others May Zoom"

COL Land

C/CPL Jessica Strange, an Army Cadet from Kentucky

(far right, shown during a testimony before the Commonwealth of Kentucky Education Committee)

recently received the below coin from Medal of Honor Recipient SSG(R) Don Jenkins:

He walked up to her, told her that her bearing and attitude made him proud of the future of our country, and "palmed" the coin to the Cadet.   She had no idea of the significance of the coin until several senior officers wanted to just see what is, arguably, the most significant coin we've ever seen presented.   This one will be hard to beat! 
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"

James Shaw

Quote from: COL Land on April 23, 2012, 06:05:17 AM
C/CPL Jessica Strange, an Army Cadet from Kentucky

recently received the below coin from Medal of Honor Recipient SSG(R) Don Jenkins:

He walked up to her, told her that her bearing and attitude made him proud of the future of our country, and "palmed" the coin to the Cadet.   She had no idea of the significance of the coin until several senior officers wanted to just see what is, arguably, the most significant coin we've ever seen presented.   This one will be hard to beat!

It is great to see a Cadet recognized for representing the group in such a professional manner. That speaks volumes about the leadership and those she learns from. It also speaks volumes about her as an individual.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

spreilly

I've got three challenge coins so far. Encampment, An Air Force Staff Sgt. Coin given by my unit for reasons even I don't understand, and Captain of our squadron's CyberPatriot Team.

James Shaw

I have several coins, I received this one from the Southeast Region Commander Col Al Bedgood, this past weekend at the GAWG Conference.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Extremepredjudice

I have an encampment coin and a F-15 (?) coin.

Pics after I take this final and go home.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

johnnyb47

I have 2 CyberPatriot coins for coaching our team and a CAP coin I received in a bag full of stuff. I'll hang on to that one until I see a cadet do something noteworthy, yet not enough so to be awarded an Achievement Ribbon (or above) and hand it to them.
I also received an Air Force 2d Lt coin from a friend and squadron-mate when I was promoted to 2d Lt. He stated it was given to him when he received his butter bars and he was giving it to me. All he asked was that I repay the favor when it's my turn. It's one of my most valued possessions because it has personal and third party sentimental value.
I'm going to hate giving it away.... and I think that's the point.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

manfredvonrichthofen

I have few, a two star coin (101st div Commander) a brigade coin (506 PIR), a double eagle coin, got that one when I came back from Iraq, and got my combat patch. Then a couple more brigade coins (all 506 PIR).

Private Investigator

I am not familiar with the background of the challenge coins. I was active duty in the 70s, reserves in the 80s. Being in an infantry unit we got edged weapons for soldier of the year, quarter, etc. Got a pistol for winning an NRA match but no coins   ???

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Private Investigator on April 24, 2012, 12:52:28 AM
I am not familiar with the background of the challenge coins. I was active duty in the 70s, reserves in the 80s. Being in an infantry unit we got edged weapons for soldier of the year, quarter, etc. Got a pistol for winning an NRA match but no coins   ???
I wish it were still that way, I would trade most of my coins for guns and knives and swords.

spreilly