Mock UAV misson

Started by flyguy06, September 28, 2009, 02:07:04 AM

flyguy06

So, how can I get involved in this new and upcomming mission of supportingthe ground troops by flying  mock UAV missions at NTC and Ft Polk LA? I have military experience In fact I have trained at both of these posts.

lordmonar

If you are in CAWG, LAWG or NVWG you should contact the project officer in that wing.

I'm notsure how LAWG is sharing it with neighboring wings....so I would contact LAWG for information.

Having said that.....this is still at the infant stage and most of the first training groups have already been identified.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

I'm sure that at some point they'll open it up to folks from other wings, but for logistics reasons, it will probably be for those adjacent to them. 

Think of the issues involve with getting ARCHER crews qualified and keeping them current and you'll get an idea of how this may roll out. 

Flying Pig

It seems the only military experience they are interested in at this time is having been a  military pilot.  Beyond that, I imagine groups will begin to be formed out of people who have some related experience, ie. people with experience operating sensor equipment. etc.  Just my speculation. 
I would imagine having trained at one of the posts would have little to do with anything.

flyguy06

Thanks. Guess I wont be doing that mission for a while then