Hemet Mountain Course, CA

Started by Flying Pig, March 04, 2008, 02:57:51 AM

Flying Pig

Anyone planning on attending the mountain course in Hemet, CA in May?

fyrfitrmedic

Does the security force at the big Scientology compound outside Hemet get antsy when overflights take place?
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Flying Pig

HAAAAA...Maybe.  When I was a cop in Hemet, they used to go on full scale red alert when I'd do a stop on Gilman Hot Springs Rd.  Good times.

wingnut

Hey Piggy I thought we had enough training, two weeks in Bishop we became experts ;D

But yes I am thinking of it

SoCalCAPOfficer

I will be there, since my Squadron 59 is co-hosting this event with Sq 40.  It should be a great event, hope many of you make it.  I look forward to meeting many of you at this event.
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

flynd94

Glad to see that the course is still going to be taught.  Its been a couple of years since CAWG did one.  I wish I could be there to teach the course.  Mountain flying is some of the best flying you can do.  You truly learn what you and, your aircraft can handle.
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

Flying Pig

The course was pretty neat.  Lots of performance planning.  It was eye opening to see whether or not your bird can really do what the book says it will. 

Floating Canyons, Canyon 180's, etc.  All good stuff.  I was glad to meet a few CAPTalkers as well.  Hemet has an awesome facility.  I dont know that I have seen a more perfect base and location.  And there were more doughnuts than anyone could have hoped for!

Dont worry Dan......your baby is OK. ;)

SoCalCAPOfficer

Flying Pig it was a pleasure to have you at this event and to get to meet you in person.  Thank you for letting me know our airplane is OK.  We are working to get yours back in service as quickly as possible.  I feel much better knowing our "Baby" is in your hands.  However, dont get too attached to her, I will be coming for her soon.

To all those that attended this even thank you.  To all those from Fullerton Sq 40 who put on this event as our co-hosts, it was your show and you made it happen, we were just happy to help and lend you our facility.  Thank you for job well done.
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

bosshawk

The clinic was apparently a raving success: something that CAWG badly needs right now.

Before dark last night, I had a phone call from the guy who is the head of the Mt Flying Program for CAWG: he also is my deputy.  He raved like I have seldom heard him go on: couldn't say enough positive about the weekend.

Good show, Sq 40 and 59: you guys really shown.  Now, lets get some of the Central and Northern CA Sqs to step up to the plate.  We have enough cumulus granite in this state to see a number of these clinics.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Duke Dillio

Squadron 72 would love to get into the fray.  Only issue is that we have no airplane, no pilots, and only two people that are aircrew qualified...

Any word on mission scanner training coming up soon.  I've felt the need to take to the air for a while now to see how the "good life" is.  You know, babes and donuts and sweaty bags...

Flying Pig

Doughnuts yes....the other stuff.....I wouldnt exactly refer to Dan as a "babe"! :o