Main Menu

New S/M, previos cadet

Started by JCW0312, November 15, 2007, 03:47:32 AM

JCW0312

Quote from: Pylon on November 16, 2007, 04:10:35 AM
Records at your old squadron will only be kept for 7 years.  After that, they get destroyed. 

National records are a different story, especially as mentioned above with reference to milestone awards.  What time period were you a cadet?  Did you achieve any milestone awards?  If so, about when?  I have some copies of CAP News that date back to 1997.  There are a lot of resources here to help you with your membership renewal; we just need a bit more info.

Unfortunately, I really cannot remember. I'm thinking I was out of CAP by 1997, but if not it was right around then. I guess I'll wait until NHQ approves me and see what I can see in eservices. Thanks.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

JCW0312

An update on my situation...

I still haven't received anything in the mail from NHQ, but my squadron commander told me that I was now showing up on e-services. So, I signed up for my e-services account and saw that I was reissued my old number (254XXX), found out that I originally joined in 1998 (later than I thought it was). Apparently I did not reach a milestone award as it is not reflected on e-services. Thanks to all for the help.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

RiverAux

One of the things the NEC discussed at their last meeting was "ownership" of personnel records.  Basically, the records belong to CAP and not you, so if you transfer squadrons or leave CAP with the thought of maybe coming back some day, make sure to copy them since you won't be able to take the originals with you.

davedove

Quote from: RiverAux on November 22, 2007, 01:43:35 PM
One of the things the NEC discussed at their last meeting was "ownership" of personnel records.  Basically, the records belong to CAP and not you, so if you transfer squadrons or leave CAP with the thought of maybe coming back some day, make sure to copy them since you won't be able to take the originals with you.

It's always a good idea to have your own personal copy of your records anyway.  One never knows when the copies at a squadron might be lost/destroyed/etc.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003