Main Menu

Job Descriptions

Started by floridacyclist, August 22, 2007, 04:50:28 PM

floridacyclist

I am putting together a bunch of volunteer opportunities for our local community volunteer board and was stuck on job descriptions. It hit me that maybe we could use a set of good job descriptions written with non-members in mind. How do you describe the job of a Personnel Officer or Ground Team Leader to a civillian?

I was thinking that if everyone wrote out one job description complete with KSAs this could be a resource for everyone to use. Thoughts? Input? Descriptions?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

JC004

I used to have a bunch of them, specifically for the volunteer sites, but I don't know where they went.  I derived the outline from 20-1 and adjusted them from there.

afgeo4

Ground team leader isn't a duty assignment, it's a qualification tactical leadership assignment.

Duty assignments are personnel (similar to HR), administration (paperwork), public affairs (journalism), senior progams (career counselor), etc
GEORGE LURYE

floridacyclist

As a Senior level Personnel Officer marking time for Master, I'm aware of the difference. That was why I called it a job description for a volunteer opportunity, not a duty assignment description.

The point is to let potential volunteers know some of the things they can expect to do in CAP, not explain to non-CAP members about how we assign duty assignments, ES qualifications, or specialty tracks.

I do see where I titled it Duty Assignments...my bad. it is about the descriptions for all jobs though.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

afgeo4

I have a site up with some descriptions... www.volunteermatch.org

It's free unless you want premium services (which are $8/month) and worth the investment of a little time.

Search for Civil Air Patrol - Floyd Bennett Composite Squadron to see my page and its job description.

The best thing about this is that you can target the specific shortcomings of your unit(s) by creating specific job listings.
The site allows you to create multiple administrators who will receive leads and can respond to them and listings are viewed by zip code, so you mostly get locals.
GEORGE LURYE

Capt Rivera

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 22, 2007, 07:53:08 PM
I have a site up with some descriptions... www.volunteermatch.org

It's free unless you want premium services (which are $8/month) and worth the investment of a little time.

Search for Civil Air Patrol - Floyd Bennett Composite Squadron to see my page and its job description.

The best thing about this is that you can target the specific shortcomings of your unit(s) by creating specific job listings.
The site allows you to create multiple administrators who will receive leads and can respond to them and listings are viewed by zip code, so you mostly get locals.

Just in case no one wants to take the time to figure out the zip code for the above mentioned Squadron, etc... here is a direct link to his listings.

http://www.volunteermatch.org/results/index.jsp?searchToggle=1&zip=11234&radius=state&category=Everything&words=Civil+Air+Patrol+-+Floyd+Bennett+Compos&skills=&city=&state=&national_org_id=&container_id=&submit=y&submit=Search
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

floridacyclist

I found that before, but real life interfered and I didn't make it back to the thread until it had died off. Some good stuff there. Thanks.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org