Main Menu

CD Ground

Started by RogueLeader, July 30, 2007, 03:37:00 AM

RogueLeader

Is there any possibility for Counter Drug Ground Team action to get in on?  If so,how does one get involved in it?  Just curious.  Not sure I want to get into air ops.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hawk200

I doubt it. CD air is rather simple. You see something suspicious, you call it in to someone else, and move on.

Finding stuff on the ground is different. And is a Law Enforcement function. They get paid to get shot at, we don't.

RiverAux

There is no such thing as a CD ground program.  There is no need as there are plenty of cops who want to go cut weed. 

JohnKachenmeister

You do NOT want a CD ground program in an organization that forbids the carrying of firearms.  Trust me on this one.
Another former CAP officer

davedove

Those that the CD folks are looking for, do not want to be found, and they are heavily armed.  We don't want a group of unarmed CAP folks stumbling across them.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

pixelwonk

Don't rule out CD Comm as a possibility.   No matter what the mission, CAP always needs experienced and competent communicators back at the mission base. 

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: tedda on July 30, 2007, 03:14:17 PM
Don't rule out CD Comm as a possibility.   No matter what the mission, CAP always needs experienced and competent communicators back at the mission base. 

Except that in CD missions, there generally is no mission base.  Just a pilot and observer, plus one DEA or similar special agent to tell us where to fly to.  The fewer people who know about he mission, the greater the chances for success.

pixelwonk

meh...

That's nice 'n all, but comm is used on CD missions, and I'll leave it at that.

RiverAux

yeah, but is obviously not what Rogue was asking about.

pixelwonk

Since he said he wasn't sure he wanted to get in the air, I suggested another alternative.  Lay off, man.

RiverAux

QuoteCounter Drug Ground Team

Pylon

Simmer, people, simmer!   ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Flying Pig

I think its been laid out....but Ive been out of town for a week and these topics are all new to me.

Viet Nam style Booby traps, claymore mines, venemous snakes tied to the stalks, and people with guns are what you would encounter. And what would be the purpose? Im sure thhere are plenty of cops who would love to clear the area for you, then sit back while you pull weed for the next 10 hours.  I can't think of anything a CD Ground Team would be used for except for making soda runs for the cops....which is what you would be doing...trust me.

Ive worked a lot of dope stuff as a cop, but I am still working on..or should I say, waiting on my CD application to find its way off some admin nerds desk.  It will be funny if I get DQ'd.

By the way, nowhere in my job requirements does it say anything about being paid to be shot at.....but I do get paid to shoot back ;)

SJFedor

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 04, 2007, 05:56:57 PM
but I do get paid to shoot back ;)

Is that really there?

Upholds local, state and federal laws
Conducts Self in professional and courteous manner
Returns fire when fired upon

I need a cool job like that.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Flying Pig

Yup...its there....its in my copy ;D

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: SJFedor on August 04, 2007, 07:04:17 PM

Is that really there?

And... you don't get paid if you lose the firefight.

SARMedTech

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 04, 2007, 09:40:49 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on August 04, 2007, 07:04:17 PM

Is that really there?

And... you don't get paid if you lose the firefight.

No, but your spouse does.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."