Main Menu

CAP Podcasts

Started by Stonewall, July 24, 2018, 09:34:35 PM

Stonewall

As someone relatively new to Podcasts (first one was late 2017) and someone who is returning to active CAP service, this time with my son who just joined (2 meetings so far), I was curious if any podcasts about CAP were out there.

I did a search on CAP Talk and there were a few hits, but some were as old as 2006 and locked.

In my search for Podcasts, I found this one by In The Rabbit Hole, an urban survival podcast series. This particular episode came out in 2015, so the information is still relevant and valid.

I think the guest speaker, a former cadet turned senior member from ARWG, did a really good job of relaying a lot of good information about CAP in layman's terms, i.e. not too technical and virtually no acronyms.

Anyone know of any other podcasts about CAP?
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Ask and I shall receive? I guess so.

There was a wing email blast a couple weeks ago promoting a new podcast series called Breaking Ranks.

QuoteDescription
Breaking Ranks is an interview based podcast where we interview dynamic leaders to get insight in to their personal journey, philosophy, and what motivated them to where they are today.

So far there are two episodes, one with Col Matthew Creed, GLR Commander, and the latest is with Brig Gen Ed Phelka, CAP's National Vice Commander.

These are definitely intended for current members, and in my opinion, are very well done. I have subscribed and plan to continue listening. However, I'd still like to see some external podcasts set up, maybe via CAP Public Affairs where we promote the program through other podcast series, like Tactical Tangents which is run by two former (maybe current?) CAP members or like the one I mentioned in the above post by In the Rabbit Hole from 2015, which I think was also very well done and is external to CAP.

I think this is a move in a good direction and I applaud Col Angelini and Maj Lt Col Roman from GLR for leading this awesome endeavor.
Serving since 1987.

Jester

Breaking Ranks is excellent. I've been sharing it all over.

dwb

I'm listening to Breaking Ranks now. The Col Creed interview was good, and I think the questions are even better in the second episode with Brig Gen Phelka.

Looking forward to future episodes!