Colorado Cadet under investigation for impersinating an officer

Started by isuhawkeye, June 29, 2007, 12:51:48 PM

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 02, 2007, 01:06:52 PM
There was somone in the car but I believe all the kids did was go up to the car, thrust their chest and leave.

"Hello... do you need any help?"

"No, I've already called for help on my cell phone, and someone's on the way."

"Good.  Have a nice day."

So... why are so many panties in a bunch?
Another former CAP officer

Sgt. Savage

I don't think it's as much about what they did as it is the manner in which they did it. Drop leg holsters, CAP jacket, red lights and code 3 response... all a little irresponsible. You have to see their video to understand that at best, they were putting their own safety at risk. At worst, they were risking the safety of others for what appears to be an ego driven wannabe cop kinda thing.

The CAP cadet should be disciplined. The rest??? I don't think this has to be a big deal, I DO think that CO wing PA needs to put out a release that will minimize the damage caused to our reputation.

JohnKachenmeister

I agree, there needs to be some discipline, but a 2b (as some have enthusiasticly endorsed) is too harsh.

Wall-to-wall counseling comes to mind here.
Another former CAP officer

floridacyclist

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

SARMedTech

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on July 02, 2007, 07:25:19 PM
I don't think it's as much about what they did as it is the manner in which they did it. Drop leg holsters, CAP jacket, red lights and code 3 response... all a little irresponsible. You have to see their video to understand that at best, they were putting their own safety at risk. At worst, they were risking the safety of others for what appears to be an ego driven wannabe cop kinda thing.

The CAP cadet should be disciplined. The rest??? I don't think this has to be a big deal, I DO think that CO wing PA needs to put out a release that will minimize the damage caused to our reputation.

I second that.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

flyerthom

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on July 02, 2007, 07:30:17 PM
I agree, there needs to be some discipline, but a 2b (as some have enthusiasticly endorsed) is too harsh.

Wall-to-wall counseling comes to mind here.

A mentor, someone who's been there, done that, worn out the t shirt. And old saw is "training takes the place of panic." A good mentor and training can also take the place of stupidity and risk taking.
TC