It is SAFE to say....it has finally paid off.

Started by James Shaw, November 20, 2017, 03:22:15 AM

James Shaw

Well after many years of hard work and tons of research and papers, I have reached my goal of teaching as an Adjunct Professor. I started preparing to become and Adjunct in August and was offered an Adjunct Professor position to teach undergraduate courses in Occupational Safety & Health. Last week I was offered an Adjunct Professor position to teach undergraduate courses in Emergency Management at a different school. I am elated and ready to influence some minds.

I will have the chance to use some of my own research and S.O.S. in my classes.

One of the long term CAP goals I had was to become the CAP Director of Safety and a Colonel. Since they don't have that job anymore or the Volunteer position I found a place for that desire and passion.

I will continue to post safety related conversations when the opportunity pops up.

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Holding Pattern

James Shaw

Quote from: Mordecai on November 20, 2017, 03:25:55 AM
When did we get rid of that position?

The Volunteer Director of Safety as a Colonel (Unless already a Colonel) was phased out a few years ago. They eliminated the NHQ Safety Committee and Col Alex Kay was the last of the "Colonel's" promoted to such without being a Wing CC. The Committee and all of it's members were transferred back to their prior Units.

I was one of the Assistant National Director's of Safety for Education & Training when they did that.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current