Main Menu

The Death of the CAPF45

Started by Eclipse, August 10, 2017, 04:02:05 PM

Eclipse

The king is dead, long live the king...

I think this: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=22340.msg405542#msg405542
has finally killed the requirement to maintain CAPF 45s.  I noticed at the last meeting
that there is a free-form area to record "activities".

With historic non-F120 decs and ribbons online now, plus the above, I don't see anything
on the 45 that isn't tracked in eservices (assuming it's all been entered properly).  We long since
abandoned the paper version in favor of a virtual electronic one in Google Drive, but maintinain
that pretense has been a complete waste of time.

Anyone see anything left not tracked?

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/F045_4698530918C7A.pdf

"That Others May Zoom"

wacapgh

Multiple awards and devices on ribbons.

However, the ticket has been assigned to the IT Functional Users Group for review and prioritization.

SarDragon

In spite of most of the info being online, it's not all in one place, like the F45.

Is there a place to record activity participation?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Holding Pattern

arajca

Quote from: wacapgh on August 10, 2017, 06:54:12 PM

However, the ticket has been assigned to the IT Functional Users Group for review and prioritization.
For multiple awards, just enter each award separately.

The only issue with service awards module is only the member can enter them, not Admin or Pers.

SarDragon

Like I said, it's not all in one place, like the F45. There are entry areas on the F45, which information is not available in the Member Details report, specifically Aircrew data.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Air crew and other ES quals are under "Achievements" in "Member Search" (plus Ops Quals).

"Not all in one place", is a UI or usability argument but doesn't negate the 45's death.

And anything online would be a much easier reach then a hard copy folder 10 miles away.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 10, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
Air crew and other ES quals are under "Achievements" in "Member Search" (plus Ops Quals).

"Not all in one place", is a UI or usability argument but doesn't negate the 45's death.

And anything online would be a much easier reach then a hard copy folder 10 miles away.

This.

wacapgh

Quote from: arajca on August 10, 2017, 07:58:02 PM
Quote from: wacapgh on August 10, 2017, 06:54:12 PM

For multiple awards, just enter each award separately.

The only issue with service awards module is only the member can enter them, not Admin or Pers.

So I "award" myself 8 Red Service ribbons, 11 Air Search and Rescue Ribbons, etc? How do you show the split between ground and air sorties, as they have different attachments?
How do you indicate what level of service (Group, Wing, Region, etc.) for a CAC ribbon?
Mitchell with star for attending COS?
As pointed out earlier, the Disaster Relief ribbon with "V" is not available.

In it's current release, it cannot accurately show a member's service and activity awards.

It's a step towards "all online", but not quite ready.

Luis R. Ramos

All these awards are requested on a CAPF 2a. The only mention of awards and annotating them online when I logon are on a CAPF 120. How do you post those requested on 2as?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Eservices - My Account - Service Ribbons

"That Others May Zoom"