Main Menu

Canadian Border

Started by MajorSER, June 09, 2007, 04:36:01 AM

MajorSER

At one time there was some talk that we might patrol our Northern border also.

I guess that may not be necessary. The Canadian Government has approved a law by which first time Canadian applicants DO NOT have to show proof of citizenship. www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/06/08/canada-passports.html

All they have to do is take the application to their neighbor and have them attest that they are citizens.

I guess ANYONE will be able to enter our country with a legal Canadian Passport.

No sense patrolling then.
Lt. Col. David Crockwell MLO
FC 07-09-08
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Я был там как солдатом

RogueLeader

Quote from: MajorSER on June 09, 2007, 04:36:01 AM
At one time there was some talk that we might patrol our Northern border also.

What reason would there have been?  I am really concerned. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

Oh, they need to keep all the olde draft dodgers up there.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mikeylikey

WE can't even patrol the border on our side.  The DHS/BP is so jacked up.  Did anyone miss that recent TB scare that happened because a guy was on a no-fly list, but knew if he took a car from Canada he could easily cross into the US.  It is easier to get terrorists in through from Canada then it is from Mexico.  If I were the 9/11 guys....that is how I would have come across (Oh wait, that is how they did it right?).
What's up monkeys?

wingnut

You know in the early 1900s the US planned for war with Canada, I read that in one war plan the Canadians invaded as far as Boston. . .  hmmm come to think about it the Census polls show that boston has the Largest French (former Canadian) speaking population in the US ::)open up your eyes America, OHHH where is John Candy when you need him?

(edit: made text normal size)

mikeylikey

^^  Canadian Bacon!  I love it!!!
What's up monkeys?

bosshawk

Folks: in actual fact, CAP does have some Northern border ops.  Don't really know the extent of it, but do know that Idaho Wing does some of it: of course, they only have a very short border with Canada.

WAWG also has some ops along the border, but don't know the extent of them.

None of it probably as frequent nor as intense as some of our ops along the Southern border.

Just to set the record straight.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

jimmydeanno

If I remember correctly, ME wing does some northern border stuff for CD.  The canadians like to cross the border, plant their stuff and run back across the border if the

They are asked to report any suspicious activity, so to me an influx of illegals would be considered "suspicious."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

alamrcn

We don't control the northern boarder because it would require more "profiling" - a useful and logical thing that we for some reason have labled un-American and won't do because someone might be offended... no matter how many lives could be saved.

I don't think Minnesota Wing has done very much with this... at least not to any ammount that would be effective.  The Boundry Waters Canoe Area was on fire for a number of weeks, so maybe that kept some illegals at bay!

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota