NESA- Mission Aircrew School

Started by SJFedor, May 16, 2007, 06:53:22 AM

SJFedor

Anyone been accepted?

<----- MAS Mission Pilot trainee

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

lordmonar

I'm going to the GTL course and another SM from my squadron is going to the GTM course at the same time.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JC004

Quote from: lordmonar on May 20, 2007, 04:24:19 AM
I'm going to the GTL course and another SM from my squadron is going to the GTM course at the same time.

At Mission Aircrew School?!   :o

SJFedor

I think he meant just NESA, Colgan.

Foo'

But really, no one else is going?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

JC004

Quote from: SJFedor on May 21, 2007, 12:03:41 AM
I think he meant just NESA, Colgan.

Foo'

But really, no one else is going?

Shush. 

SAR-EMT1

Isnt the Aircrew school a new[er] addition to NESA? Could it be that most folks already have the qualifications they offer OR just dont know about it?
The ground side has a much longer history.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SJFedor

MAS has been in existance since 2000. It pretty much sets the National standard for Mission Aircrew specialties since they're the only standardized national school. Many of the instructors and staff that have gone through have been the ones to create the Mission aircrew reference text, task guides, new SQTR's, etc etc.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

DHollywood

There are two from my Squadron in AZ going to MAS for the Observer Track.

I was told there should be about 40 ish at the MAS, but I think that was both MO and MP students.
account deleted by member

SJFedor

That sounds pretty close. The package I got yesterday had the names of 18 Mission Pilot trainees and 10 Observer trainees, but it was dated mid april, and I think they've accepted more since then.

Anyone else going?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver