NER SARCOMP in Chickopee Mass (June 15-17 2007)

Started by Pumbaa, April 15, 2007, 02:55:29 AM

Pumbaa

Anyone going to the NER SARCOMP in June?

I agreed to be a PAO at it.  Would be nice to grab some face time.

JC004

Hummmm...dunno yet.  Possibly.  Are there going to be free donuts?

Pumbaa

Figure since we are less than 1 month away I'll bring this back to the top.

Anyone else going?

JC004

Pumbaa

I guess that seems to be the standard answer...

THank you for your honest answer.

dws

I'll be there. We're conducting some region-wide CISM training concurrently with the SARComp.

More info at http://ner.cap.gov/cism/ops_cism.htm

Dan Stouch
Daniel W. Stouch, Lt Col., CAP

Pumbaa

Great, just look around for me.  I'll have a ton of computer equipment setup, a small recorder, big camera, pen and paper in hand. Don't forget the goatee!

I hope to be able to write a numberof stories.  I am excited to go for sure.  I was suprised to get an invite from the NY Wing PAO. But apparently they like my style of narrative/ observational writing.

Sgt. Savage

I believe we have decided not to attend since we have to pay our own way. There is no budget provided to supplement the activity and, as few know, beyond what we get from National, our state only gives us like $20,000 a year to supplement our budget. We're poor up here. Much rather spend the money on training instead of posturing.

Pumbaa

I know what you mean by cost.  Here I was invited to cover the event as PAO, and I have to pay for food, billeting and my transport up.

I figured though I am goingto kill 2 birds with one stone as my mom and sister live an hour east and I have not seen them in 2+ years.  This way at least I save a trip.

I know I am cheap, but after spending $50 to fill my gas tank, I am cutting back on any extra driving.