B-52 Crash at Fairchild AFB in 1994

Started by Blackhawk, October 11, 2013, 03:26:19 AM

Flying Pig

I see it in LE also.  In a world that has a very low or even a zero defect type mentality, I never understood how a guy like this gets protected by those around him.   Even in law enforcement, there are guys who are a complete waste of a position, who are somehow "in the circle" protected by people who you would think would be the first to want that person gone.  Military, especially pilots, cops, firefighters, EMS are usually rule followers to an extreme.  But somehow people like this end up untouchable.  Don't get it. 

JC004

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 16, 2013, 08:57:55 PM
I see it in LE also.  In a world that has a very low or even a zero defect type mentality, I never understood how a guy like this gets protected by those around him.   Even in law enforcement, there are guys who are a complete waste of a position, who are somehow "in the circle" protected by people who you would think would be the first to want that person gone.  Military, especially pilots, cops, firefighters, EMS are usually rule followers to an extreme.  But somehow people like this end up untouchable.  Don't get it.

Blue Veil/Blue Shield kind of thing?

Flying Pig

No nothing sinister like that I just mean guys who are just not very good cops. I have been very fortunate that in my almost 17 years to see blatant dishonesty or anything criminal is dealt with pretty swiftly.

THRAWN

There was a good lecture on it in the ACSC. If I can dredge up the disk, I'll send you a copy.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023