Decline in CG Aux Air

Started by RiverAux, January 18, 2007, 01:53:40 AM

RiverAux

Not sure how and frankly it isn't to CAP's benefit to help CG Aux Air.  Actually more to the point, it probably wouldn't be to the benefit of CG Aux Air since CAP's aircraft are far more capable than the privately-owned planes used by CG Aux Air. 

If the CG got used to working with CAP, for which they would just have to pay actual mission costs, they might look at phasing out CG Aux Air for which they have to pay training costs and some maintenance costs that they wouldn't with CAP. 

SARMedTech

Quote from: RiverAux on January 26, 2007, 10:46:10 PM
Unfortunately, except for a few very limited circumstances I'm not aware of CG Aux getting to do anything new because of the security checks.  In fact, there have been some cutbacks in certain types of operational activities CG Aux had traditionally done. 

What I was told is that if you are going to work directly on a CG station or vessel, you have to go through an extensive check, which does not provide the clearance, only a determination that you are eligible for it. And in the CGAUX meaning that if you want to work doing Comms on a certain CG station you would need to get the clearance for that, but that clearance does not apply to another station or facility that may require it. You have to go through the process all over again for each operation you participate that requires it.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

RiverAux

You are basically correct, but working on stations, cutters, etc. has been going on a very long time before the new security check started so we can't credit the security check with "helping" us get those opportunities. 

SarDragon

My unit has six CG Auxies in it because the CG Aux shut down their local aviation activities. Worked great for us.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARMedTech

Quote from: RiverAux on July 09, 2007, 02:25:21 AM
You are basically correct, but working on stations, cutters, etc. has been going on a very long time before the new security check started so we can't credit the security check with "helping" us get those opportunities. 

Very true, RiverAux and I didnt mean to imply that the new check provided that new opportunities, only that it was sort of the new security standard from what I can tell.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."