Main Menu

Reinstating former cadet

Started by CDCTF, August 08, 2011, 02:33:46 AM

CDCTF

So, I have a former cadet who wants to rejoin my squadron after being inactive in the program for the last 18 months or so. My question pertains to her being 19 years old now. Can she be reinstated as a cadet or must she join as a flight officer since she is over 18?

PHall

If she let her membership lapse for 18 months, then sorry, she can only return as a senior member.
The renewal "grace period" is normally 90 days and 18 months is way past that.

EMT-83

She would join as a Senior Member, and might be eligible for promotion to Flight Officer.

Chief2009

Wait, was she just inactive, or did she let her membership expire?
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

Eclipse

Beyond 180 they will be a new senior member, eligible for credit against relevant cadet accomplishments.

KB #: 1242

It would depend on the resignation or membership expiration date. Cadets not renewing within 90 days following their membership expiration date have the option of rejoining (through their unit of assignment providing they still meet the initial membership eligibility criteria), or late renewing. Late renewals will be accepted up to 180 days from the expiration date and are subject to acceptance by the unit and higher headquarters and payment of retroactive membership dues. A former cadet more than 18 years old (19 or more) no longer meets the initial membership age eligibility criteria to rejoin as a cadet. They might still meet the late renewal eligibility window of 180 days. Beyond this period the former cadet over 18 would be required to return to CAP as a senior member.

See Paragraphs 4-2 (below) from NEW CAPR 39-2 Civil Air Patrol Membership 3 August 2011

"That Others May Zoom"

CDCTF

She let her membership expire. Eclipse-Thanks for pointing me to the right paragraph. I had read that earlier but it didn't make a whole lot of sense, it does now. Thanks a lot!