Can anyone share any Christopher "Kit" Reichow Stories?

Started by OldGuy, May 17, 2018, 01:22:52 AM

OldGuy

Kit was DCP for CAWG way back when and did the most amazing job of inspiring and empowering cadets I have ever seen. Anyone else know him, have stories about him or still in contact with him?

If so, Coca-cola plays a role, right?

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: OldGuy on May 17, 2018, 01:22:52 AM
Kit was DCP for CAWG way back when and did the most amazing job of inspiring and empowering cadets I have ever seen. Anyone else know him, have stories about him or still in contact with him?

If so, Coca-cola plays a role, right?

I know him well. He was DCP for CAWG starting in 1973 and going to about 1978. I worked for him at Wing in 1973 and with him as additional duty when I was a Squadron CC in 1974-75. I was with him again at Wing from 1975-1978. Along with several others, I was part of the encampment project that resulted in the creation of the Cadet Training Group (CTG).

And, yes, Coca Cola had a prominent role.

I last saw Kit at the CTG 40th anniversary reunion in 2015. I stay in touch with him on Facebook.

As to stories, sure, plenty. But who are you and why do you want to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Ned

Like Bernie, I have known Kit very well for nearly 50 years (roommates, best man at my wedding, etc.). Had dinner with him last week.  NHQ  CP is well aware of his legendary contributions to the program. See, for instance, the dedication in CAPP 60-70 (Cadet Encampment Guide).

And Sacred Fluid (Coke) is but one of his many interesting personality features.

He remains the best mentor I've ever had.

Ned Lee
Former CAWG Cadet

PA Guy

I have known Kit since the early '70s. Worked for him at Wing and like Bernie was involved in developing the CTG. There was that thing about Druids, fog etc. though. But that was in another CAP that no longer exists. There are many more but like Bernie I don't know who you are or why you want to know. Those things are passed on late at night among friends after all the meetings etc. are over.