New Uniform update from NHQ 11/13/06

Started by Al Sayre, November 13, 2006, 10:30:33 PM

Al Sayre

A welcome change!  Gortex parkas and cloth rank on BDU caps now approved.

New uniform changes just approved by the Air Force

The Air Force has approved the wear of the Gortex parka for CAP members.  The parka is authorized with the BDU uniform and worn with a blue embroidered device on the front tab (see attached photo). The device will be available from Vanguard shortly

The Air Force also authorized the wear of the blue embroidered grade insignia on the BDU cap for CAP senior members (photo attached). The National Board approved both of these changes in March 2006.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: Al Sayre on November 13, 2006, 10:30:33 PM
A welcome change!  Gortex parkas and cloth rank on BDU caps now approved.

The Air Force has approved the wear of the Gortex parka for CAP members.  The parka is authorized with the BDU uniform and worn with a blue embroidered device on the front tab (see attached photo). The device will be available from Vanguard shortly

The Air Force also authorized the wear of the blue embroidered grade insignia on the BDU cap for CAP senior members (photo attached). The National Board approved both of these changes in March 2006.

Cool.  Didn't see one yet in my inbox, or any mention on cap.gov, level2.cap.gov, or nationalcommander.com.  Did the email have any attachments you could post here?

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

aveighter

I received an email notification from the Wing CC with the news.  He noted his data came from  General Pineda.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Lancer

Ok, so they show the Woodland Camo, how about the BBDU's (Dark Navy Utility Uniform)? Same rules apply? I would think so, yeah?

Psicorp

Quote from: mlcurtis69 on November 14, 2006, 01:18:10 AM
Ok, so they show the Woodland Camo, how about the BBDU's (Dark Navy Utility Uniform)? Same rules apply? I would think so, yeah?

If you're referring to grade insignia on the hat, that has been authorized since the addition of the BBDU to our uniform repertoire.   No idea about the Gortex, not even sure there is a blue Gortex parka out there (can't imagine there isn't though).
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

MIKE

Quote from: Psicorp on November 14, 2006, 01:22:13 AM
If you're referring to grade insignia on the hat, that has been authorized since the addition of the BBDU to our uniform repertoire.   No idea about the Gortex, not even sure there is a blue Gortex parka out there (can't imagine there isn't though).

Emphasis added.

Not exactly. 
Mike Johnston

Lancer

Yeah, sorry, I should have qualified that statement.

All I can find is this...

http://www.bdu.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=F540674412

USCG Blue, looks like a much lighter shade of blue than the Dark Navy BBDU's.

lordmonar

Quote from: MIKE on November 14, 2006, 01:34:24 AM

Emphasis added.

Not exactly. 

Eithe way....the grade insignia on the BBDU hats has been authorised for quite a while now.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

O-Rex

Rank on hat - I wonder if USAF let us have that one since they are phasing-in the ABU next year (?)  Perhaps now folks will actually WANT to wear BDU caps over unit ballcaps...

Gore-tex Parka is a long-awaited change: who wants to wear a field-jacket anymore?

RiverAux

I wouldn't start sewing until there is a change letter about this....

Hawk200

Quote from: RiverAux on November 14, 2006, 04:07:10 AM

Be out tomorrow.

May be rescinded next week.... ;D

Smokey

Here is what was sent out...I couldn't copy the "NEWSFLASH FROM THE NATIONAL COMMANDER" logo....but it was on the one sent from my Wing CC and attached were photos of the parka w/insignia and the BDU cap.

Sent on behalf of Major General Pineda:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Air Force has approved the wear of the Gortex parka for CAP members.  The parka is authorized with the BDU uniform and worn with a blue embroidered device on the front tab (see attached photo). The device will be available from Vanguard shortly.

Let's continue to partner together to provide Missions for America!       
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Eclipse

Quote from: Hawk200 on November 14, 2006, 04:16:51 AM

Be out tomorrow.

As those of us with two little holes in our flight caps from the TPU will attest.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on November 14, 2006, 05:19:07 AM
Quote from: Hawk200 on November 14, 2006, 04:16:51 AM

Be out tomorrow.

As those of us with two little holes in our flight caps from the TPU will attest.

Different ball of wax all together.....this is USAF uniforms and therefore HAD to go through USAF channels.

The new corporate uniform did not have to go through that process and was only changed because (so I have been told) of Air Force's objections on legal grounds. (hence the US got changed to CAP and the ranks came off) (The rank looked stupid on that side anyway...it may be okay for the Navy...it just did not look Air Force enough to me  ;))
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Becks

BBATW

JC004

A.Member

Haven't seen anything official yet but the Gortex would be a welcome and long overdue change. 

The rank on the BDU cap...eh.  Don't really care either way.  However, if they do require it, they need to put the darn thing in the correct spot, unlike the photo on cadetstuff.org.  If they can't do that correctly, I don't want it.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

arajca

Define "correct spot". If NHQ sets the location as centered, 1/2" above the bill, guess what - that's the correct spot. Whether or not you agree with it is irrelevent. How anyone else does it is also irrelevent.