Main Menu

Rank Confusion

Started by docspur, August 12, 2007, 11:32:12 AM

Ned

Quote from: Eclipse on September 14, 2011, 12:42:28 AM
We're talking about a member who willfully wears a different uniform with the specific intent to stand-out, be different, or use his influence with the other
service to his advantage. 

Are we?

Unless you have ESP, I don't know how you can say that.

All we know from the post is that a member "was asked to wear his ACUs" during an encampment, during which he also wore his CAP uniform.

Nothing in that post suggests to me that s/he did so on his/her own accord "with the specific intent to standout, be different, or use his influence with the other service to his advantage."

Like I said before, I would agree that any CAP member who wears a military uniform at a CAP activity simply to be cool or impress cadets would be acting improperly.

You may be correct and you have uncovered the slippery slope to Hell and [darn]ation caused by somebody wearing the uniform of our country at a CAP activitly.

But we don't have enough information to bad-mouth as service member and accuse them of deliberatly violating regs by wearing ACUs ""with the specific intent to standout, be different, or use his influence with the other service to his advantage."

But maybe that's one of the differences between you and me.

I tend to give members the benefit of any doubt and take them at their word until it is proven otherwise.  You, OTOH, have presumed fault and petty motives in the absence of any evidence.

This must be where I'm supposed to say "let's just agree to disagree" on this one.

Extremepredjudice

And now back to your regularly scheduled Rank Confusion. :angel: 8)

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"