Base Station Radio Equipment

Started by cap235629, August 05, 2008, 04:33:26 AM

cap235629

I am looking for an inexpensive source for Desktop Microphones for our Micom HF and EF Johnson VHF radios

Any suggestions?
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

SarDragon

EFJ p/n - 589-0012-021 Desktop Microphone

Given the proprietary connector, and possible impedance concerns, I doubt anyone else makes them.

Dunno about Micom.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

w7sar

I just ordered a half dozen of the EFJ microphone connectors from Digikey.  They're a HiRose 13-pin round connector (you have to order the pins also).  On the EFJ, the pinout is pretty straight forward.  I'm going to try a Motorola desk microphone that I have in the junk box.  I don't have the EFJ pinout here at work but can get it if you need.  There is switched DC available to the plug if you need a separate source to power a microphone....however, there is DC voltage present on the mic line to power a mic.  There is also an audio line at the mic connector.  I'm thinking of adding an aviation style headset adapter so I could use a headset in a high noise environment.   EFJ microphones are pretty standard impedance and I'm thinking a motorola mic or deskset should be fine.  An additional project I've got on the burner is a DC remote adapter so I could use a DC remote deskset (or several) in an EOC environment.

Jerry Wellman
Utah Wing
Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
NHQ CAP Assistant Senior Program Manager
Command & Control Communications
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

cap235629

I understood about half of what you said but I would love you to send me any and all information you can because I have access to people who have more knowledge than I do!
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé