Main Menu

icom m710 on ebay

Started by brent.teal, December 12, 2013, 10:36:25 PM

brent.teal

There is a gentlemen selling icom m710's on ebay for $600.  This seems to be the least expensive option to get on cap hf that I can find. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Icom-M710-HF-SSB-radio-refurbished-complete-with-all-accys-BEST-ON-EBAY-/321273111266?pt=US_Marine_Aircraft_Radios&hash=item4acd5ea2e2

Anyone have any experience using this model?

Thanks
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

THRAWN

You should go back and read that post carefully. Seems like a good deal, but he's got a lot of hidden costs in there. Do you have an antenna? An antenna tuner?

Try looking on eHam or similar site for deals. Lots of old MARS guys sell off their gear usually pretty cheap....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

brent.teal

I have a tuner so I'm not worried about that part.  There is also no Ham equipment that is currently authorized, other than a yeasu ft-817. 
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

brent.teal

Well, I took the plunge.  I do not regret it one bit.  I was able to manually program the pa wing net freq on channel 1 no problem.  Checked into the net no problem.  Excellent audio, huge screen.  Love it.  I wish it had a VFO but can't have everything.  Several others on the net were complaining about noise.  I could copy everyone just fine.  Of course that could ahves oemthing to do with the 2.5 mhz full wave loop in the back yard.  It took a while to get the radio but it was worth it.
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP