Main Menu

Becker DF Training

Started by RiverAux, March 13, 2007, 08:31:14 PM

RiverAux

Does anyone know a good source for powerpoint presentations, cheat sheets, etc. on how to use the Becker DF system? 

I have the actual manual, but it isn't really all that great on the HOW of using it.  Just explains what stuff IS. 

desert rat

go here:  and this is the CAP power point:

cawg.cap.gov/Files/se/N809CP/809CPOperational%20Equipment%20Q.pps

RiverAux

Could you give the link to the web page where this resides?  The direct link isn't working for me.  Thanks.

desert rat

Do a google search with becker DF and it is about the second or third entry.  I can't give you a link because it comes directly to a powerpoint slide.  We need someone a little more computor savy to do that.

RiverAux

www.cap.gov/documents/BeckerDFPPT.ppt takes you to what looks like a NHQ powerpoint.  Sort of covers what I wanted, but needs some modification.  Thanks for the hint.

Bob Coulter

Help requested.  Is the Becker audio (if there is Becker audio) capable of being played on an aircraft speaker like we did with L-tronics audio?  If so how is done with the C182 equiped with the PMA7000MS audio panel?

scooter

The Becker does have audio. However, how you monitor depends on how the system was installed in the airplane. Usually the audio can be monitored thru the DME or ADF. Look in your AIF in the Aircraft Specific Equipment tab. It should tell you how to monitor the Becker. If it doesnt, call the crew chief and tell him/her it should be there so anyone in the aircraft can find the information.