Main Menu

InStand

Started by Eclipse, March 16, 2010, 06:10:23 AM

Eclipse

I mentioned this a couple of times in the bag thread.

http://www.instand.com/CR1/cr1.html

This never leaves my notebook bag.  I use it on the train, airports, waiting rooms, etc., not to mention mission bases, and the like for CAP.

The top unscrews from the stand, and sits in my bag next to the notebook (offering it almost bullet-proof protection as a bonus).
The folded tripod is 13-1/4" long, so it sets into the bottom of my bag or in the umbrella holder of my notebook backpack.

A little pricey, but very well made and the company has great customer service.  Its very stable, and has a non-slip top.  You'd have to work at this to knock it over.

I bought the CR1 which comes with a top that will handle a 17" notebook, and then bought the small top that I carry around.  The
screw is a standard 1/4-20 which matched an old tripod I had at home, so with a few parts from the hardware store and some washers I have two of them now - the second one I just use around the house or for a projector when needed.

This is one of those things that you will think about and put off buying, then the first time you could have used it you'll order it that day!

"That Others May Zoom"

tsrup

*deleted*

Paramedic
hang-around.

SarDragon

My lappy gets hot in my lap. Not resting it on a hard surface blocks some of the vent ports, and it gets VERY warm. Not so bad when it's cool, but some places make it a toasty evolution.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

IceNine

That guy should really be sitting on a folding chair or small stool.

The luxury office chair with the collapsible stand is just awkward.

Otherwise, the 1 time you let me use it I was impressed and jealous.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mynetdude

get one one with locking wheels like the dr's office (many do have them now) and you're REALLY set! I have a netbook I can run around mission base all day long (better... in days!) :D