Excellent video Colonel Land and congratulations on the success.  :clap:

James Shaw

Looks like a great organization Col. Land
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Bear Walling

We met briefly at the Bluegrass Senior Squadron meeting at Bluegrass Airport back in October. It was a pleasure to meet you. I was very pleased to hear that you would be taking over Millersburg Military Academy. Also, I hope the rumor about Millersburg hosting a certain CAP school (Which will remain unnamed) becomes a reality. Congratulations sir. I hope that my squadron will achieve a great working relationship with you and your organization.

COL Land

Quote from: mfd_324 on November 24, 2008, 01:28:39 AM
We met briefly at the Bluegrass Senior Squadron meeting at Bluegrass Airport back in October. It was a pleasure to meet you. I was very pleased to hear that you would be taking over Millersburg Military Academy. Also, I hope the rumor about Millersburg hosting a certain CAP school (Which will remain unnamed) becomes a reality. Congratulations sir. I hope that my squadron will achieve a great working relationship with you and your organization.

Thanks folks!  We're making huge progress here in Kentucky!   With the 100th Anniversary Celebration just around the corner (23-26 Apr 08), there's a LOT to be done.

As for the CAP event...the Honor Guard Academy couldn't make the move for this coming summer, although we were prepared to host them.   We'll be looking at 2010.   We will be hosting the JROTC Drill Camp this summer, with about 100 JROTC Cadets and another 15 cadre, in addition to several of our own programs.  

The National Cadet Training Center is dedicated to Cadets of *all* programs.   Situated in the rolling hills of eastern kentucky, we're 12 hours from 82% of the American population.  Watch here for inforamation on our Centennial Gala Celebration and Grand Opening in April.  Anyone associated with Cadetting is invited to attend.

Respectfully,
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"

Timbo

Coll video, awesome narration.  Can I ask......are you seeking to get your Officers recognized in some way by the Federal Govt?  In many places you reference other countries Cadeting Programs and make reference to how "their Officers receive a special Commission"

One issue I have with the posted material is that you come down rather harshly on the alumni of a High School that shut it's doors some years ago.  I don't think that is very appropriate.  ALSO making so MANY big changes in such a short time frame is a identifier of a program that is either poorly run, coming off of poor leadership, has too many monkeys running the show or really has no idea where it wants to go or be.

As a previous grant writer in my college days, I would have to say you need to rewrite some things if you want donations to start rolling in. 

COL Land

The narration was done by the "voice of Toyota."   The overall production came out very well.

I think you've mistaken some of the linked information as being developed by USAC.   The comments that you likely consider somewhat harsh are from information posted on sites that we're linked to.   Further, the significant changes in the school's programming was, in part, the reason for the demise of Millersburg Military Institute (MMI) after 113 years.   Our focus is clear, based on our mission statement.   USAC has committed to preserving that history; however, beyond that, we have no ties to the MMI's past business practices.   With that said, we've been extremely well received throughout the region and are benefitting from the USAC's commitment to preserving the MMI heritage.

The status of USAC, and specifically our officers' corps, is being worked at the DA level, with daily interaction.   More as we know it and when it's appropriate to release.

JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"