Saw this in an email and went and found a site with it:

http://www.bandyhumor.com/Details.aspx?AlbumID=19&Page=1
TC

♠SARKID♠

JAFO78

:o
::)
:clap:

Mother fetch me my rocking chair and blanket !!
JAFO

Smithsonia

I've seen this headline without ever having it large enough to get the story from the body copy. SO, I'm assuming that it was a Confederate Air Force Plane (now called the Commemorative Air Force) and the headline writer didn't read the body copy either. (just the story synopsis)

Of course the headline writer should have known better. BUT, sometimes everybody in the chain
(assignment editor, reporter, headline composer, fact checker, to final or deadline editor) all go brain dead at the same unfortunate minute.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Cecil DP

Reinforces my faith in the validity, accuracy, and worth of the news media.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

winterg

That's kinda funny!  I don't think it's talking about Confederate Air Force, though.  I think the headline refers to civil aircraft used during the war.  Maybe I should shut up and go read the story! lol

flyerthom

Quote from: Smithsonia on November 19, 2008, 09:47:40 PM
I've seen this headline without ever having it large enough to get the story from the body copy. SO, I'm assuming that it was a Confederate Air Force Plane (now called the Commemorative Air Force) and the headline writer didn't read the body copy either. (just the story synopsis)

Of course the headline writer should have known better. BUT, sometimes everybody in the chain
(assignment editor, reporter, headline composer, fact checker, to final or deadline editor) all go brain dead at the same unfortunate minute.

Under MS magnifier the nametag appears to be CAP and round patch appears to be the old CAP uniform round patch. Now admittedly it's hardly the clearest view but enough to extract a laugh.
TC

RiverAux

Hey, somebody has to go look for any of those observation balloons that may have accidentally been set loose from their tethers during the war!

winterg

I've looked all over and can't find a readable copy.  Anyone else?  I'm just curious to see what it says.