USAC: COL Joseph M. Land, Sr. appointed Commander

Started by NIN, December 04, 2012, 05:31:34 AM

NIN

COL Joseph M. Land, Sr., USAC, has been appointed as the Commander, U.S. Army Cadet Corps, by the Chairman of the Board of Directors with an effective date of 5 Nov 12, having relieved BG Charles R. Tornow who has medically retired after 32 years of service.

http://www.goarmycadets.com

(Note: Some of you may remember Colonel Land, as he occasionally posts things of our mutual interest here on CAP-Talk)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Walkman

Congrats to the COL. I don't know him personally, but he seems to be dedicated to developing strong youth leaders. That's gives him a thumbs up to start in my book.

James Shaw

Congrats Col Land, I am sure you will continue to do a great job.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

ColonelJack

My congratulations as well, Colonel Land.  (I do hope your new appointment comes with something shiny...like a star or something.)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Private Investigator

I think he rates a 'star'. He is a great asset to Cadet Programs everywhere   :clap:

manfredvonrichthofen

More congratulations is due to the ACC, they have gained the best commander they could hope for. Col Land will be an excellent commander that will be hard to surpass. His motivation is high, and his knowledge knows no bounds. They will be hard pressed to find another commander that can do half what he does.

COL Land

Thanks guys.  I'm humbled by all of this. 

Cadetting has been a major part of my life for nearly 40 years.   I'm fortunate to have benefited from programs such as USAC, CAP, NSCC, YM, etc.   At the end of the day, no matter what color uniform or modifying insignia, the basic concepts are the same.   After all of these years, I'm still charged-up by what we do!

I've heard "Congrats or condolences" countless times in the past few weeks!   We'll see how it goes.   :)   It's all part of taking command. 

I'm proud to have the opportunity to continue to serve.

Hooah!
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"

a2capt

The CyBorg is destroyed

Hey, way to go, Sir.  I think there should be stars in your future. :clap:
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Garibaldi

I encountered a LTC Land at the University of Arkansas Army ROTC. You wouldn't happen to be the same one would you? This was about 6 or 8 years ago
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

COL Land

Quote from: CyBorg on December 06, 2012, 06:24:33 AM
Hey, way to go, Sir.  I think there should be stars in your future. :clap:

Nah...I don't care anything about that.  If all is right in the world, a retired BG or MG will post his or her flag her and I'll go back to doing the "heavy lifting."   I'm not worried about anymore bling than I've already got! :)

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 06, 2012, 11:59:06 AM
I encountered a LTC Land at the University of Arkansas Army ROTC. You wouldn't happen to be the same one would you? This was about 6 or 8 years ago

Not me...I owned property in Casscoe, Arkansas a long time ago...but, that had nothing to do with my ties to the military. 

Quote from: a2capt on December 06, 2012, 03:57:26 AM
"Cadetting" :)

That term has been used by our program, dating back to documents from the 1920s.   Probably a spin off of "Scouting."   
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"