USAA MasterCard now available for CAP Members

Started by usafcap1, October 06, 2012, 09:15:05 PM

usafcap1

In case you need/desire a new credit card, here's an option to consider, FYI.

www.usaa.com/cap

This card automatically entails a donation to CAP, when used for eligible purchases.  See the link above for more information.

8) :clap:
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

capmaj

CAP has had an association with MASTERCARD for a while now. But it isn't that great a deal, as it is a variable rate card and the interest rates are a minimum of 10.9% all the way up to an outrageous 25.9%!!!!

Usually a card from your friendly neighborhood credit union will run you much less than that.

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SarDragon

Quote from: capmaj on October 06, 2012, 11:18:52 PM
CAP has had an association with MASTERCARD for a while now. But it isn't that great a deal, as it is a variable rate card and the interest rates are a minimum of 10.9% all the way up to an outrageous 25.9%!!!!

Usually a card from your friendly neighborhood credit union will run you much less than that.

I don't particularly care what the interest rates are, since I never carry a balance.  :angel:
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 06, 2012, 11:25:27 PM
Or, y'know you could just get a debit card.

Never used one on my life - don't see the point.

Credit cards or cash.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

It seems that USAA will do just about anything for a buck these days... ::)

a2capt

That's okay, like the USO, some people would be of the utmost strong opinion that we shouldn't use those services, benefits or facilities because "we" didn't earn it, despite that the local operating unit, or even higher, wanted to offer them to us.

Whatever.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on October 07, 2012, 11:57:11 PM
That's okay, like the USO, some people would be of the utmost strong opinion that we shouldn't use those services, benefits or facilities because "we" didn't earn it, despite that the local operating unit, or even higher, wanted to offer them to us.

Whatever.

I have no issue on that level, and anyone who does needs to get over themselves.  My issue is that it's just not a very compelling offer.

"That Others May Zoom"