Main Menu

Where's the Form 37?

Started by Smithsonia, September 06, 2011, 05:28:30 PM

Smithsonia

I am collecting gear for a training seminar and need to offer members form 37s before I take possession of equipment assigned to them. I just went to download some form 37s - http://www.capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/forms.cfm the site no longer has Form 37s?

Has this form been eliminated?
Undergoing review?
No longer needed?
Out of date?
Actually on the site but I can't see it because I have lost it mentally?
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

arajca

Eservices|ORMS|bottom left menu

Smithsonia

Thanks Andy; Got it. However the forms and pamphlets site should either have it or directions where to get it.

These forms should NOT be kept in a secret and/or undisclosed location. Not a complaint on my part - Just an observation.
I must say this - in precisely this manner - or I wind up with the job to change it.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Eclipse

Form 37's are no longer necessary - temporary and permanent issue of equipment is now done in ORMS.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Except if you don't have Internet access, you revert to paper.

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on September 06, 2011, 05:57:47 PM
Except if you don't have Internet access, you revert to paper.

Yes, exactly.  Just an FYI - Pharoah will no longer provide straw.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Believe it or not, the interweb isn't always there when you need it. After spending the previous week setting up power failure jacks to bypass PBXs, experiencing generator failures, T1 failures, cell site failures and the like, I can safely say that having an analog back-up plan isn't a bad idea.

Smithsonia

As I collect the come back in a few days and bring back the gear - Having hard copy is exactly what I need.

Situation - As I travel from member, to meet-up location, to house, to squadron office, to headquarters and back again... I can not count on internet access. We need to have the 37s signed off in real time under all conditions and can't trust every one who states "I'll update the
ORM online - I promise." That is going eventually going to come-a-cropper.

Solution - I prefer to deliver and sign as I go no matter if I am in the field or office. I want a hard copy with first generation signature.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

arajca

Additionally, the CAPF 37 is recommended if the equipment will issued for a short period, say a weekend plus a day on either side, to reduce the electronic hassle. This provides for proper accountability and usage of equipment.

Eclipse

((*sigh*))

Electronic "hassle"?

Click.  Issued.

Click.  Accepted.

On your smartphone or iPhone when no PC is available.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on September 06, 2011, 08:08:13 PM
((*sigh*))

Electronic "hassle"?

Click.  Issued.

Click.  Accepted.

On your smartphone or iPhone when no PC is available.
Orlly?

What if there is no reception? God forbid.
What if the tower is down?
What if you forgot your phone?
Oh, wait no power= no phone charged! Another god forbid.
I am a 21st century digital boy, but even I know the internet isn't reliable. Just like the cloud, it fails.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Eclipse

What if the terrorists use my phone as a weapon?

What if they are out of Venti cups at SB's? 

What if my bounce house gets blown over by the wind while I'm drying it out?

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Not everyone has a smartphone or a cell web access either. I don't. I'm unemployed and don't have the extra cash for that kind of plan right now.

Eclipse

Quote from: Walkman on September 07, 2011, 02:37:32 AM
Not everyone has a smartphone or a cell web access either. I don't. I'm unemployed and don't have the extra cash for that kind of plan right now.

Neither is required for the operation, however in that mode, it is not important that you have it, only that someone has it.

Otherwise any PC will do, which is likely how most would get to ORMS.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Quote from: Eclipse on September 07, 2011, 03:01:10 AM
Quote from: Walkman on September 07, 2011, 02:37:32 AM

Neither is required for the operation, however in that mode, it is not important that you have it, only that someone has it.

I was just supporting the logic that sometimes paper forms are a good idea. We have no internet connection at our squadron building either.

davidsinn

The problem is one of the two people involved needs to have access to ORMS. I know that I would not hand off an EF Johnson that is assigned to me unless the other person "signed" for it. I can't afford to replace it and since I can't prove I didn't break it I'd be screwed.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DakRadz

Sometimes Eclipse shows how techno-spoiled he is...

And think of those who just went through hurricanes. I believe Thrash said- oh wait, found the quote:

Quote from: Thrash on September 01, 2011, 10:50:04 PM
The power is back on! Five days without power due to Irene.  :(

So in an emergency with no power, the cell towers overloaded, and all the other things going on- you think CAP needs to rely on internet access for everything?

We're talking real-life situations here, that happened a week ago, and will happen again. This is not a "what if" scenario.

Eclipse

Quote from: davidsinn on September 07, 2011, 03:30:11 AM

The problem is one of the two people involved needs to have access to ORMS. I know that I would not hand off an EF Johnson that is assigned to me unless the other person "signed" for it. I can't afford to replace it and since I can't prove I didn't break it I'd be screwed.

Doesn't everyone with a membership ID has access to ORMS? Or is certainly supposed to, especially anyone who would be issued equipment, either temporarily or permanently?

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

I was without power for sometime...never lost internet though....thanks to my handy dandy generator and handy dandy AirCard for my lap top...ooohhhh   neighbors were jealous...I just called it preparedness.

Eclipse

Quote from: DakRadz on September 07, 2011, 03:36:48 AM
Sometimes Eclipse shows how techno-spoiled he is...

And think of those who just went through hurricanes. I believe Thrash said- oh wait, found the quote:

Quote from: Thrash on September 01, 2011, 10:50:04 PM
The power is back on! Five days without power due to Irene.  :(

So in an emergency with no power, the cell towers overloaded, and all the other things going on- you think CAP needs to rely on internet access for everything?

We're talking real-life situations here, that happened a week ago, and will happen again. This is not a "what if" scenario.

Except that we're not talking about an emergency situation here.  You know guys, people complain all the time about the mountains of paperwork
our operations require, and then when NHQ provides the means to eliminate it, a lot of members go out of their way to not use it in case of the Armageddon scenario.

News flash.  The power may have been off at Thrash's home, but I bet it wasn't at the EOC (you know where CAP would be operating in an emergency?).

Let me quote the USAF at the eval last week.  "Why are you guys still doing everything on paper?  No one does that anymore, certainly not the USAF."

In the uber-rare case that it is necessary, by all means, carve your tablets, otherwise, check the calendar and get with the program.

Quote from: SARDOC on September 07, 2011, 03:40:31 AM
I was without power for sometime...never lost internet though....thanks to my handy dandy generator and handy dandy AirCard for my lap top...ooohhhh   neighbors were jealous...I just called it preparedness.
Another guy who is "techno spoiled". 

If you want to make the argument that it is a financial burden not easily carried for individuals to have wireless internet and backup power, so be it.
Curse your darkness while I light my candle - life is choice.  As a professionalized emergency response organization, those capabilities are no longer "optional", no matter what angle you want to attack.  Not only do we have a number of tools, including WMIRS and eServices required to make
the administrative side of response "easier", but in order not to look like a bunch of disconnected, unfunded amateurs, we need to insure we
have the same baseline capabilities that the agencies we are supporting have.

Not to mention that no disaster worth it's DR-V is without at least one, if not several turn-key FEMA Sat trucks to provide connectivity to the EOC, and
responding agencies, because even if we want to keep playing in the stone age, the Feds can't, and won't.

"That Others May Zoom"