Permissions to Include Attachments

Started by Ranger75, December 22, 2008, 05:36:54 AM

Ranger75

MODs  --  I was attempting to respond to a recent topic in the ES section with the inclusion of a MS Word document as an attachment.  Once I found there was no apparent means for me to do so, I reviewed prior entries and discovered that permissions to include attachments now only comes after 100 posts.  It would seem to me a sure way to motivate frivolous posting to build one's individual numbers.  I might actually be encouraged to respond to the next topic on appropriate bling to be associated with graduation from Hawk Mountain, or to query when CAP members can expect to be able to wear the ACU.  I might even be tempted to start a new topic spelling out the former National CC's full name and sign Ray as my own.  In all seriousness, is there an issue that has risen in the past that justifies maintaining the <100-post restriction?  --  Thanks

Laplace

Is the no attachments until 100 posts still the rule?  I've been trying to attach a NHQ letter to a pending post with no luck.   

wuzafuzz

This is my 100th post, I'll find out in a minute and report back.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

wuzafuzz

Quote from: wuzafuzz on January 17, 2009, 02:26:18 PM
This is my 100th post, I'll find out in a minute and report back.
After reaching 100 I was able to add attachments.  Incidentally, my posts in Forum Support didn't seem to increment the count.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Stonewall

Quote from: wuzafuzz on January 17, 2009, 02:46:15 PM
Incidentally, my posts in Forum Support didn't seem to increment the count.

That is standard.  Posts in this forum don't add towards your post count.
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

We could probably change that now that this section is for legitimate support requests, and not a bunch of sig test spam.

If you have a legitimate reason to upload a pertinent document... You can PM me and I will hook you up... I will not do this for pictures or other frivolous attachments, so don't bother asking.
Mike Johnston

Ranger75

Mike  --  Thanks for the response.  I find your reply an appropriate alternative.