Main Menu

Jumping screens

Started by RiverAux, March 20, 2010, 10:58:32 PM

RiverAux

In both mozilla and Internet Explorer, I'm having problems when I'm trying to type text at the bottom of the box, it jumps around crazily and won't actually show what I'm typing. 
Anyone else seeing this?  Its very irritating.

whatevah

Nope, try a different computer?
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

jimmydeanno

Laptop?  I had that problem once, then I realized that my palms were moving the cursor on the touchpad.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

Is your window maximized? That gives me problems in my email client. Might have a similar effect in a browser.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RiverAux

Desktop with window maximized.  Same setup I've had for 7K+ posts....

whatevah

Nothing has changed on the server or forum software.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Major Carrales

I have the same problem.  In fact I just have to post and then go back and type the reply.  Some of you may have noticed this in my posts; starting out as a blank, then haivng the text.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Perhaps you should rest.  It will clear up.

RiverAux

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 21, 2010, 03:46:35 AM
I have the same problem.  In fact I just have to post and then go back and type the reply.  Some of you may have noticed this in my posts; starting out as a blank, then haivng the text.
It must be a virus as most recently this happened when I was replying with a quote from one of your posts.

alamrcn

I had the same issue, using Internet Explorer 8.

A previous thread in Forum Support suggested that you can click the "Compatability View" button. Doing that once at the CAP Talk mainpage has solved the problem for me. It's the button that looks like a ripped piece of paper, between the Refresh button and URL box.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

RADIOMAN015

If you run internet explorer 8 make sure you check the "compatibility view" in the tool section of the browser.  That should eliminate the screen issues.
RM

EMT-83

Hmm... I use IE 8 with no problems.

brasda91

Yep, use the Compatibility Mode when using IE 8.  I've been using Mozilla the last couple days to see if I like it better.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Eclipse

((*cough*))...Chrome...((*cough*))

"That Others May Zoom"