Main Menu

RE: A CAP kilt

Started by cap82-86, February 26, 2010, 05:42:07 AM

Major Lord

That's nonsense: Pastafarians just wear the sacred bib!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Eclipse

Quote from: Major Lord on February 26, 2010, 07:58:06 PM
That's nonsense: Pastafarians just wear the sacred bib!

The "Bibites" are a splinter group of disenfranchised Pastafariens, anyone knows that a full Orthodox Pastafarien wears an apron!

"That Others May Zoom"

Strick

I did request and received permission to wear my family tartan kilt with proper jacket at this years NSC.  Well received by most folks, but did hear some opposition comments at the dinner.  Not everybody is happy to see a properly attired man for dinner.
73s
[/quote]

That was you.........When I walked in to the Officers club, my reaction was W T @#% Batman, I dig it , I am Scott-Irish, very classy sir :clap:.  Too bad we cant wear one with the mess dress jacket.
[darn]atio memoriae

alamrcn

Regardless of point or opinion, it will just NEVER happen! It would be just too controvercial of a move for Civil Air Patrol. The best you could realistically hope for is that they (the powers that be an those above them) just look away at the practice.

Not to hyjack the thread...
But is there another thread that already discussed "cultural" head coverings on females in CAP uniforms? I'm not aware of any circumstances like this yet, but as fast as the Muslim population is growing in the US... It's only a matter of time it needs to be addressed.

Again, doubt CAP will ever make a regulation regarding it, but may just look away instead.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

SarDragon

Quote from: indygreg on February 26, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
http://www.sportkilt.com/product/3301/Woodland-Camo.html
http://www.sportkilt.com/product/3221/Navy-Blue.html

These should probably be considered for wear with the BDU's

YGBSM!

Anywhere I would be wearing a utility uniform, I certainly don't want to be doing it with bare legs.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

indygreg

Quote from: SarDragon on February 26, 2010, 10:23:00 PM

YGBSM!

Anywhere I would be wearing a utility uniform, I certainly don't want to be doing it with bare legs.
Sure would be comfortable on a hot summer day at an air show, though.

Gunner C

I just can't find the words to properly describe how crappy that looks.  Real men have a tartan (Clan Bryson for me).  :D

Dracosbane

The Utilikilt Mocker would be perfect as a replacement for the gray slacks with aviator combo.

Gunner C

Quote from: Dracosbane on February 26, 2010, 10:30:42 PM
The Utilikilt Mocker would be perfect as a replacement for the gray slacks with aviator combo.
Ya know, I kinda like those!  Aviator shirt, ten rows of ribbons, and a grey kilt.  Stylin! (Gotta have thick wool knee socks and spit-shined shoes).  Maybe about a thousand of us could show up at the national board meeting this summer wearing it (stupid uniform protest).

heliodoc

^^^

That WOULD be something to see...

The faces of the NB....that would be priceless!!  Almost be worth money to see that happen...

Cecil DP

Quote from: indygreg on February 26, 2010, 10:27:06 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 26, 2010, 10:23:00 PM

YGBSM!

Sure would be comfortable on a hot summer day at an air show, though.

Only in San Francisco, Fire Island, or Provincetown.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Major Carrales

Does this mean that I can have Don Chilo Molina of Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico begin work on a CAP Mariachi traje complete with specially designed galas to reflect CAP.  It has a short jacket like the mess dress.  ;D

Really, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  :-\

That said, I would support the CAP kilt.  I've seen its appearance and wear at our Wing Conferences and, done correctly, it is not bad at all.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Major Lord

Sparky,

I am not too sure about the military traditions of Mariachi.........Although Accordions have been considered as being a violation of the Geneva Conventions.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Cecil DP

Quote from: Major Lord on February 27, 2010, 11:37:43 PM
Sparky,

I am not too sure about the military traditions of Mariachi.........Although Accordions have been considered as being a violation of the Geneva Conventions.....

Major Lord

So are bagpipes
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Major Carrales

Quote from: Cecil DP on February 28, 2010, 04:41:40 AM
Sparky,

Major Lord

So are bagpipes

Wow , that was harsh and harsher!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Dracosbane

While searching through some archives about my family history, I found a story about an ancestor (clansman, at least) that was tried for treason by the English after a battle with the Scots.  He argued that he wasn't a combatant, as he was a piper.  The English convicted him as they pointed out that the Scots never went into battle without their pipes ahead of them.

indygreg

Quote from: Major Carrales on February 28, 2010, 05:09:55 AM
Quote from: Cecil DP on February 28, 2010, 04:41:40 AM
Sparky,

Major Lord

So are bagpipes

Wow , that was harsh and harsher!!!

Personally, I love listening to bagpipes.  One of the high schools here in town has them in their marching band, and it sounds great.  Unfortunately, it's being turned into a jr. high next year, so I don't know it they'll still have them.

Major Lord

Bagpipes strike fear int the hearts of our enemies and add resolve to the hearts of our good and true warriors. Accordions just encourage genocide. I learned to play the accordion as a child, and I am learning the bagpipes now ( I just have a chanter-not the full set) I have long had a theory that these instruments, when played badly, are the cause of a pretty fair percentage of drive-by shootings.....

Major Lord

PHall

Quote from: Major Lord on February 28, 2010, 02:27:51 PM
Bagpipes strike fear int the hearts of our enemies and add resolve to the hearts of our good and true warriors. Accordions just encourage genocide. I learned to play the accordion as a child, and I am learning the bagpipes now ( I just have a chanter-not the full set) I have long had a theory that these instruments, when played badly, are the cause of a pretty fair percentage of drive-by shootings.....

Major Lord

You're learning to play now? At your age?? :o

So how are those old creaky fingers handling those triplet notes? >:D